Teak Source

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Many of you may be aware that H&L is no longer in business.  They provided teak to Catalina and many other builders and had a wide variety of materials.

Thanks to Josh on the C36 Forum, who posted this:

Hi all,

I'm sure many of you already have found this, but I was searching for teak moldings and came across this company:

http://www.buckwoodcraft.com/

Has lots of great stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else, and could be a useful resource for others. So, thought I'd share.

-J
2000 C36 MKII, "Lanida", Hull#1900
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Clay Greene

Stu, that's a coincidence - I just received a package from Buck Woodcraft on Friday.  The cost was good, it was shipped right away, and it was packaged exceptionally well.  I also spoke with the owner prior to ordering because I was not sure what to purchase and he was very helpful.  I would definitely recommend the company. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

KWKloeber

Quote from: Stu Jackson on December 09, 2013, 10:38:42 AM
Many of you may be aware that H&L is no longer in business.  They provided teak to Catalina and many other builders and had a wide variety of materials.

I saw this old post and wanted to make members aware that Cesar Pacheco, who was a lead carpenter at H&L, had purchased some equipment, some leftover teak lumber and on the shelf products, and started his own business a while back. 
His shop is 5 min across town from H&L's location.

His contact information is:

Cesar Pacheco
CP Marine Woodwork
17800 S MAIN STREET
UNIT 108
GARDENA CA 90248

(310) 538-5528
(310) 538-5364 Fax

www.cp-marine.com

If you contact Cesar, please let him know that Ken from Weekend'R Products sent you!!

Cheers,
Ken K
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

RobertSchuldenfrei

On the east coast of Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) there is a source for teak lumber:  http://www.seafarermarine.com/ They do not do finished parts, but if you need lumber, these guys have it.
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422

bayates

All,

I used C&P to build some doors for Hakuna Matata for V-Berth storage mod and the quality was great and so was the service.

Brian
Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA