Two new issues

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

I have two new issues since my engine issue.

1) While rewiring my batteries (Going from a smaller gauge to larger), I shorted a wire from one battery to another - sparks everywhere! After that, the battery bank seemed not to be able to hold a charge as well as before the arc. Is it possible I fried one of the batteries/cells?

2) Any other type hose to use for my hot water circuit to the shower? Mine is always springing leaks. I've converted all the hot water hardware to brass/bronze fittings. That helped; but, the hose keeps spliting - even on newer hose.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Craig Illman

Lance - #2, have you tried PEX? The largest issue is that it doesn't bend sharply.

Ron Hill

Lance : I'd guess that you could have fried one or both of the batteries involved depending how LONG the arc occurred !?!

I got tired of the hot water smell from the head hose PVC hoses and change them to the good old black rubber nylon reinforced hose and have had no problems sense. 

A few thoughts.   
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Juul

New hose should not split.  Maybe try a different source for the new hose...perhaps it was not made to spec.  Most stores that sell batteries will test for free in hopes you will buy a new battery from them.  Have the shorted batteries "load tested", that will tell if they are bad or not. 
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Lance Jones

Thanks for the responses! :thumb: I'll check all of those out this weekend.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622