Can we talk Trash?

Previous topic - Next topic

Set2sea

Where do people on a Mk1 keep a trash bag? Mine always ends up in one of the sinks. I would like to do a little better than that next season. It almost seems like for how I use the boat, the double sink is wasted space. A single on left and trash receptacle covered with cutting board on right seems like a good compromise? I say this cause at some point, I may need to replace counter as the dreaded leaky vented stanchion did a number on that end of counter prior to my ownership.
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma

jmcdonald

I keep a trash can on top of the motor, under the upper steps. It comes in & out
between the steps for emptying.

Jeff Tancock

Me too...in a rectangular office type trash bin. Kitchen catcher bags. Works great...handy, but out of the way. If full into the aft lazerette in a green garbage bag.
Jeff Tancock
Stray Cat #630
Victoria, BC
Canada
1988 25xp

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mregan

We put a hook right under the left sink and hang a trash bag from it.  I had posted a similar topic this summer.  Someone had mentioned building a small shelf under the water heater door and installing a trash can on the shelf.

Ron Hill

Paul : We have a covered trash bin under the dinette table. 

It is attached (shock cord) to the aft part of the mast and the isle side of the table pedestal.
Ron, Apache #788

Clay Greene

We had a small garbage can tied to the door by the water heater but it was pretty useless and any overflow/missed items would end up in the bilge.  We put a hook below the left sink and hung a plastic garbage bag there.  Very convenient, it could never tip over underway and the closed bag kept any smell contained. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

patrice

Hi,
We have a small white trash can with spring cover that fit nicely under the nav. table.
Out of the way and easy accessible.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Ralph Masters

The admiral puts one large trash bag inside another and puts them in the aft cabin just inside the door.  Recycle stuff goes in the out side bag, trash in the inside bag.  When we leave the boat it's easy at the trash bins to pull the trash bag out and drop it off then toss the recycle in that bin too.
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

kwaltersmi

We've got a small door-mounted trashbag on the water heater access door, but really haven't used it.  Instead, we keep a medium size hinged trash can under the nav station.
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Set2sea

Thanks all for the trash talkin! The option I like the best is s small trash bucket under steps, I dont want to have to open a door to throw out the beer can (those things come fast and furious when the boys are on the boat). The under nav station station bucket I could see working but that is where I keep the playmate beer cooler. I've been keeping gallons of water, wine and booze on the step shelf but I can squeeze in a small bucket there as well.
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma

lazybone

Quote from: kwaltersmi on October 09, 2013, 08:02:44 AM
We've got a small door-mounted trashbag on the water heater access door, but really haven't used it.  Instead, we keep a medium size hinged trash can under the nav station.

The water heater door trash can is silly.  It takes 3 beer cans to fill it.
It was the first thing we threw overboard.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

RobertSchuldenfrei

We hang a plastic bag on the door leading to quarterberth.  If the "boys" are aboard, a contractor's size bag would be in order.   :D
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422

Ken Juul

We  hang a plastic grocery bag off the bottle opener we have mounted on the trim aft of the inboard sink.  We use the small trash can in the water heater door to store our yet to be used shopping bags.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

KINGAIR350

if you have a foot pump for your sink and dont use it and bustin' your ankle every so often get a small 1 maybe  2 gallon trash can take the rubber foot off and push the can against it and cut a hole it and reinsert the rubber to keep it in place if works for us J.A.T.