Electric head

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

We are considering upgrading to an electric head. Happy wife happy life....... Is there a power out alternative or are you S O L if the electric part goes Tango Uniform?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Stu Jackson

If it's a Raritan (Model PHE), the handle should still be available to you.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Clay Greene

We have an electric head on the new boat and it is OK but really loud, as in so loud our slip neighbors know when someone has used the head.  Also it wakes up everyone on the boat in the middle of the night.  So, I would check out the operation of whatever model you prefer before buying it, 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Roc

Although we don't have an electric head, I also have heard they are very LOUD.  So make sure you test the model you are buying and if the conversion is worth it.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Ron Hill

Lance : The main problem that I've had with an electric Jabsco head is that it doesn't seem to pump much water for the time engaged.  It is a short stroke as compared to the manual stroke.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

chuck53

On our previous powerboat, we had a Raritan Crown which is one of your better units.  Very loud.

Hawk

Sailed on Mahina again, this time in the Coral sea with his new "quiet model". As he says, hate to hear the loud one. At night at sea everyone gets woken up by the head flush.....unless the weather drowned it out(:
Nice to have though, just not through the night.
Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Ken Juul

Great deal at defender on the raritan compact.  Manual but much superior to the jabsco/groco models.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA