Coscto Batteries?

Previous topic - Next topic

waterdog

While I had Foster heavily engaged in boat maintenance, we pulled 4 T105s and dropped in 4 new Costco batteries golf cart batteries.   No strain on my back.  Much cheaper than new T105s and Interstates etc.   In fact they look like they came from the same factory as Interstates. I knew it was time when fully charged, filled, and equalized, my full house bank couldn't crank the engine for an extended run, but my long ignored Optima had no problem.  I will let you know how they perform.   Anybody had experience with them?

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Stu Jackson

Maine Sail has reported on alternate sources of 6V and 12V batteries over on his "Musings with Maine Sail" portion of Featured Contributors on the catalinaowners.com 'site.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys : For what it's worth - a great place to get batteries is Sam's Club. 
They seem to move batteries and stock nothing that was over 1 month old!! 

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ted Pounds

Ron,
You either have good timing or a good Sam's Club.  I've seen six-month-old ones on the shelves at our Sam's Club.  That said, if I poked around I could always find new ones.  :thumb:
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ron Hill

Guys : In case you don't know it - each battery has a sticker on the side with a letter and a number of the month and year it was manufactured. 
The letter is the month ie. A = Jan, B =Feb ...etc , and the number 2 = 2012, 3 = 2013.... etc

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

waterdog

Foster had to move 6 batteries with the 6/13 stickers on them so we could get at 4 fresh 7/13 batteries.  Not sure it makes a difference, but why not?

We had no source for inexpensive batteries up here until Costco started carrying them. I think my last set of T105s were $160 each. 
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Steve, the last batteries I bought at Costco here in AZ were actually Interstates and I've been very happy with them. Also the area where I live in AZ is near Sun City, a major retirement community with lots of golf carts and the folks I've talked to who use the Costco/ Interstate 6 volt batteries are very happy with them. I think you made a good choice!

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net