Interior change

Previous topic - Next topic

patrice

Hi,

I know, it is not traditional look for the inside of the C34, but the admiral wanted something different.
Wanted some color, to brighten the inside.

Here what ended up.
I Painted the sliding doors, and the beige plastic trim around the ports, painted with aluminum color spray can.

1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

lazybone

I like it, very crisp retro 60's.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

mregan

Well, that's certainly different.  Sure brightens up the interior.  Did the admiral like it?

patrice

Quote from: mregan on June 25, 2013, 06:25:40 PM
Well, that's certainly different.  Sure brightens up the interior.  Did the admiral like it?

Yes she did, I made her pick the color  :D
Made sure this way, it would be ok  8)
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Brent Evans

BTW, does anyone out there have a set of original sliding doors for the lower shelves in the salon?  My boat came without any and I'd like to install them.  No point in starting from scratch if someone has upgraded and has the old ones available for sale.  Thanks.

Exodus

I have old ones available.  Only problems are, one broke when removing and they are located in TX.  I replaced mine with teak.  Probably would cost more to ship than they are worth.

Ken Juul

Measure the distance between the top and bottom rails in one of the corners.  Add about 1/4" to engage the sliders.  Length should be about an inch longer than half way.  Any plastic shop can cut them for you from 1/4 " plexiglass.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ron Hill

Brent : If you want a sturdier slider use poly-carbonate and not acrylic.

Pat : You most certainty accomplished your mission of "not the traditional Look", but be careful as that paint my be easily scratched off the surface of the acrylic.

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

TonyP

Would Formica, Laminex or similar product be available with colour already applied.
I am sure there is a product available in the same thickness as would be required for those sliding doors.
cheers
Tony
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia

frank

More of a tropical feel!
FH

patrice

Quote from: Ron Hill on June 28, 2013, 07:03:17 PM

Pat : You most certainty accomplished your mission of "not the traditional Look", but be careful as that paint my be easily scratched off the surface of the acrylic.

A few thoughts

Hi,

Yes, I'm sure it could be scratch, the panels where sanded, and a paint for plastic was used.  Will keep as is until it get scratch.
I am sure that if someone goes to a plastic resealer, you'll be able to get something like formica, phenolic base with the patern, color you'll want with the proper thickness.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~