Seaward panel parts

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Thanks to Nelson, C36 skipper

Many, if not all, of our boats are equipped with engine panels, electrical panels and water heaters that were made by Seaward, a long-time supplier to Catalina.

Seaward, based in Whittier, California, is now part of Whale Seaward, based in New Hampshire. The new company no longer sells its panels and parts to individual customers, being focused on the wholesale trade.

But I was pleased to learn that many of the Seaward replacement parts are still available from Dennis Igarashi, a former Seaward employee, who operates at the old Seaward site in Whittier. Dennis has access to a large selection of panels and parts. He was able to supply me with replacement push-on/push-off breakers for the A/C side of my main panel. He is extremely helpful, and I recommend contacting him if you have questions.

His phone is 626-374-6422
His email address is: digarashi@earthlink.net

--Nelson Lee
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Fuzzy

Stu: 
Sorry to hear that Seaward is getting out of the retail market.  I have purchased a water heater
and also a new engine panel and ac/dc panel for my '87 and always had super service from them.
Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

Stu Jackson

Larry, I agree.  The bad news is I don't know if Dennis will have any water heaters.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Ron Hill

Stu, thanks for relaying that info.

Guys : The water heater was actually made by "Atwood Co." and Seaward put their name on it.  You can also look in RV stores for engine/120v water heaters.

If the Whale company that bought Seaward is the same Whale Co that makes the pumps - I have dealt with them.  Can't recall if they sold direct or not, but like other companies they will probably sell to a chandlery like Defender.  Get the part # from the Whale and call Defender for a special order if they don't normally stock that item!  

A few thoughts  
Ron, Apache #788

efhughes3

Thanks for relating the info. I dealt with Dennis on parts when it was still Seaward, he seemslikeca good guy, and knew their products well.

Quote from: Stu Jackson on March 28, 2013, 05:19:40 PM
Thanks to Nelson, C36 skipper

Many, if not all, of our boats are equipped with engine panels, electrical panels and water heaters that were made by Seaward, a long-time supplier to Catalina.

Seaward, based in Whittier, California, is now part of Whale Seaward, based in New Hampshire. The new company no longer sells its panels and parts to individual customers, being focused on the wholesale trade.

But I was pleased to learn that many of the Seaward replacement parts are still available from Dennis Igarashi, a former Seaward employee, who operates at the old Seaward site in Whittier. Dennis has access to a large selection of panels and parts. He was able to supply me with replacement push-on/push-off breakers for the A/C side of my main panel. He is extremely helpful, and I recommend contacting him if you have questions.

His phone is 626-374-6422
His email address is: digarashi@earthlink.net

--Nelson Lee
SDYC

Stu Jackson

Water heaters

The rectangular Seaward heaters are still being made (whether they are made by Atwood or not I do not know) but they are available from Sure Marine in Seattle, the best west coast price I could find in 2013.

Google search shopping is the most effective way to shop for these critters. :D