Buyer's guide to older C34s????

Previous topic - Next topic

heliraf

Hello fellow C34 owners and future owners,

I'm selling my C34, and I started to write a spec sheet for the sale.  Then I started to add photos of projects I've done on it, and it ended up being quite a large document and something that might even be called a "buyer's guide to older C34s", or possibly "buying an older C34 for dummies". Anyhow, I know how some of you like projects and such, so you might be interested in having a look at this document.  And anyhow, over the years I've got a lot of good info and ideas from this website, so thank you for that, and it would be great if I could reciprocate and if you got something useful from my endeavors.  Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-noW8PUQNCcNFRfR21WMzBWRUU/edit

All the Best,

Raf

Ken Heyman

------great presentation for a great boat. Good luck selling her.
Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

mregan

Great write up.  Gave me some ideas for future projects.  Good luck selling her.

Stu Jackson

The build up of the muffler is especially well done.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Hardesty

Great write up.  Exuse me if I missed it, but, for my 2 cents, think about adding a referance to this site.  I think this organization adds value to owning a Catalina 34.  It has for me.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

scotty

Well done!!  May I suggest that this be added to the WIKI section?
Scotty

Stu Jackson

Quote from: scotty on January 19, 2013, 09:00:12 PM
Well done!!  May I suggest that this be added to the WIKI section?

Done, under Topics
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Raf : You did a Superb job of documenting your changes and upgrades.

You make me wish I'd done something half that good!
Ron, Apache #788

heliraf

Thanks very much for the nice comments about my write up.

And to Jim H. above, yes I did reference this website and the tech wiki too.  That's one of the best things about owning the C34, the support from this excellent website, just great.

Cheers,

Raf

Les Luzar

Raf,
Great information. You certainly were busy upgrading Giggles.... I really appreciate this contribution to the site. Lot's of great information.

Les
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

noworries

Lots of interesting ideas for additional storage, might be good for somebody who was living aboard.  I like the spice rack on the back of the aft cabin door, but doesn't that impede getting in and out of the aft cabin?
1991 Catalina 34 Mark 1.5 w/ M35

heliraf

No, doesn't impede getting in and out of the cabin at all.  Like everything, you get used to where things are and avoid them.  They are actually very useful.  One of those additions that's cheap, quick to do, and handy.  Wish all projects were like that!

efhughes3

Wow, what a great and thorough write-up!

+1 on letting people know about this site-the online community in any hobby can increase the enjoyment exponentially. I have a sports car fetish, and I've got a similar forum to help support that, and has helped me through many years of upgrades and repair.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC