Campbell Sailor prop, M25XP, Max RPM?

Previous topic - Next topic

n624ma

The header says it all.

I'm looking for some real world outcomes from members that have this prop and engine combination, what rpm and speeds are you seeing.

I put a 14x8 3 blade Campbell on my 87 and max RPM is 2360 Wot (Photo Tach), engine does 3210 Wot in neutral.

I talked to West by North and they are suggesting reducing the diameter to 13"
I have searched the archives with mixed results for answers.

Note: In the search for the missing RPM I have:
                  Changed all fuel filters
                  Verified the pickup tube has no screen
                  Replaced all 3 injectors
                  Had the Injector pump overhauled
                  Checked the injection timing
                  Checked the compression
                  Adjusted the valves
                  Found no change in RPM when the bleed valve is opened

HELP!
Joseph Rheubeck

Stu Jackson

Joseph,

Type "15x10" in the search box and read away!  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

Norm also gave me an overpitched Campbell prop.  I got roughly the same rpms.  I think he needs to adjust his chart.  Rather than spend the money on shipping and adjusting (it was out of warranty) I just went back to my old Michigan Sailor.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ron Hill

Joseph : It sounds to me like your "Campbell" 14 X 8 prop is not the same as the Sailor 15 X 9 props that we are talking about.

If that 14" prop  of yours is dragging down the rpm, then it's the pitch and or the larger cord surface area of the blades !?

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

n624ma

Ron, The Campbell Sailor is very different from the Michigan Sailor, it has very narrow heavily cupped blades.
I'm working with the vendor on the issue but looking for some Catalina 34 specific experiences.
The advantage is less drag when sailing. Take a look at the picture, although I'm not sure of the type of prop below it.
Joseph Rheubeck

Ron Hill

Joseph : From your picture we are definitely talking about a different prop than the Sailor (made in Australia) sold by Catalina.

Don't know what to tell you except any of the specs that we talk about, is for a different prop than the one you have!!   

Good luck
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Juul

Quite a bit of discussion on the C36 board about the Campbell prop.  May want to take a look there.  http://www.c36ia.com/forums/
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA