Interior wall change

Previous topic - Next topic

patrice

Hi,

Having a C34 MKI with the tinted inside wood work to a dark red. It make the inside kind of dark.
I was wondering if anyone here have gone thru some sort of receipe, to remove the color, so it would look like the newest one. A nice light wood color.

Was wondering if with some furniture wood stripper, sanding, we could get something.

Thanks
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Stu Jackson

Try a search on "interior teak" with the quotation marks.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Patrice : I'd be very careful with what you do to the bulkheads, as it's only plywood with a thin teak veneer.

What I did to lighten up the inside of the salon was to cover the dark sliders on both sides with ash battening like there is on the inside of the hull (over the shelves and behind the galley wall)

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

patrice

Quote from: Ron Hill on July 27, 2012, 01:01:43 PM
Patrice : I'd be very careful with what you do to the bulkheads, as it's only plywood with a thin teak veneer.

What I did to lighten up the inside of the salon was to cover the dark sliders on both sides with ash battening like there is on the inside of the hull (over the shelves and behind the galley wall)

A thought

HI,
Thanks for the idea, that is what the 'admirable' would prefer for the color, the section on the wall by the shelves.
That is why I don't want to sand the bulkhead, not sure how thick the teak veneer is.  And also the mess it will be to do all of the woods.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Ron Hill

Patrice : Always follow the "Admirables" orders! 

That teak veneer on that plywood is the thickness of a thick piece of paper.  That's why I cautioned you! 

When you cover those black acrylic sliders with "something", it strengthens them so the handles on the inside slider won't break off. 

A few thoughts

Ron, Apache #788