Fender Storage Ideas

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyP

No ... As a real southerner (unlike those northern southerners)
i have not heard of of Bowen Island Pale  but have had and liked Molson Ice and had Labatts down here
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia

Ralph Masters

Tiny,
It could just be that you were so far in the bag from swilling that LaBatts that you have failed to see the fender stowage.
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

billhatter

Why not connect them to the handrails, port & starboard?   ....... just a thought.
Bill Hatter
Proud Mary
Hull #459

Noah

I have four fenders, Taylor Made "Big Blue" medium sized  (2 port and 2 starboard). When underway, I store 2 in the port cockpit locker and 2 in a fold-down SS steel wire holder on the aft pushpit.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

mregan

We also flip them over the lifelines.  Much easier than knotting and unknotting.  If we are going away for more than an overnight, we just throw them in the aft lazarette.

Andrew Harvey

We use the adjustable over lifeline clips. They are easy to remove and we simply place the 4 large fenders over the stern rail.
Invariably the fenders are a place that spiders call home so we would not take them below.
Our stern rail is loaded with davits,BBQ,heaving line,life sling,flotation ring, propane tank.. a few fenders added on are barely noticeable.
Personally I like to keep the decks clear
Andrew Harvey

John Langford

If you are thinking of moving to boat snaps rather than tying your fenders to the lifelines or stanchions be warned that the normal "bronze" snaps are often brass and the swivel connection can break under pressure (i.e hard landing, strong wind) leaving the fender in the water and the hull of your beautiful boat grinding against the dock. I recommend stainless steel carabiners or snap hooks without swivels. Unfortunately, they are much more expensive. Another alternative of course is one of the many patented plastic fender hangers which I have never tried.
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

anaisdog

omg, I really thought my captain made up the "only canadians keep fenders on while sailing" story.  wow. 

what do people use to install shock cords, or anything else, in the aft lazerette?  i'd like to hang my fenders there, when sailing. 

thanks

becki kain
hull 99 , 1986
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club