Cockpit Shower replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewartn

Re-sending in case of non-transmission.
Desiree. C34, #1472, yr. 2000. Managed to break a faucet on the cockpit shower unit. Don't think faucet is replaceable (Plastic, etc.) Can anyone suggest a replacement for the entire unit  that will fit and odestn't include fiberglass or carpentry work? Thx All.
Stewart Napoleon, Hull #1472, Desiree
Greenwich, CT

Tom Soko

Stewart,
Most likely your cockpit shower is made by SSI. Here's the link.  They are very helpful on the phone.  You might even be able to get just a replacement faucet.

http://www.ssicustomplastics.com/showers.htm
Tom Soko
"Juniper" C400 #307
Noank, CT

Ken Juul

I noticed one in West Marine on this weekend as I was browing the sale items.  Might also want to check with a RV parts store.  Ace Hardware and Lowes probably has something that will work, but probably doesn't have a shut off valve on the handle.  

I have not seen how they are installed on the MKIIs.  But I'm guessing access can be gained through the lazerette.  Take the old one off before you go shopping to ensure the fittings are the same or necessary adapters are purchased.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Bobg

As long as we are on the topic of Cockpit Showers, has anyone ever tried the Whale Twist?
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Bob K

I looked for a new cockpit shower faucet a couple years ago and found a large selection of similar types on RV web sites.  Didn't buy though - managed to get the original working - I think there was dirt in it.
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay