Re: Stern Pulpit with Perch Seats w/ many Flix

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Ken Juul on February 29, 2012, 12:29:23 PM
If you move the back hinge to the side rail the seat will swing up to allow access to the lazerette below it.

If you look at the other pictures, you'll see where the support post is located.  The lazarette opens without moving the seat.  Neat and simple for our Mark I.  If you had a walk through transom, yes.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

scotty

This looks like an interesting product.  I've wanted to put on the stern rail seats, but haven't because they would get in the way.  I (sometimes) like to sit on the leeward side when I steer.  The seat would get in the way in the down position, and would be right in my face in the up position.  This modification, like the factory installed newer models, would be out of my way.  I don't know if it's worth the money to me to buy it, but it's definitely worth consideration.
Scotty

waterdog

Another option which gives you great flexibility.  Just pick up some starboard and stainless fittings.   These were made somewhere between San Francisco and Los Angeles with just a jigsaw, drill and sander.  Very comfy (with the custom cushions, not shown) we've done thousands of miles on these, sometimes in big seas, comfortably wedged between backstay and bimini rails.   They don't need to be very large and if you keep them small, the leg can rest on the coaming.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

efhughes3

I'm intrigued by the stern seats, but I want to see them on someone's boat first. I just know they'llemd up being something else to bang my shin on.

My Hunters had them, but the rails were made for them, and they hung outside the perimeter of the cockpit.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

waterdog

Ed, you should definitely check some out.  I find they do not in any way hamper movement around the cockpit.  Access to the stern cleat is somewhat reduced, but i am more than happy to make that tradeoff to get an excellent bbq table.   Maybe tape some cardboard cutouts on your rails and see how they would impact you on your boat while sailing...
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

efhughes3

Quote from: waterdog on March 04, 2012, 11:07:48 PM
Ed, you should definitely check some out.  I find they do not in any way hamper movement around the cockpit.  Access to the stern cleat is somewhat reduced, but i am more than happy to make that tradeoff to get an excellent bbq table.   Maybe tape some cardboard cutouts on your rails and see how they would impact you on your boat while sailing...

Good idea on the cardboard-thanks!
Ed Hughes
SDYC

Ralph Masters

Ed,
We have the Zarcor seats on Ciao Bella, also an 87 Mk I.  Be glad to show them to you some time, you could even see how comfy they are with a drink in your hand.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

efhughes3

Quote from: SD Diver on March 05, 2012, 08:03:48 AM
Ed,
We have the Zarcor seats on Ciao Bella, also an 87 Mk I.  Be glad to show them to you some time, you could even see how comfy they are with a drink in your hand.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph, I hope to take you up on that offer sometime soon.
Ed Hughes
SDYC

Footloose

Ed,

I inherited a set of the Zacor seats from friends that had their C34 struck by lightning last fall.  I have had similar concerns about the seats being in the way.  I have a hard time believing they won't get in the way when racing, docking or when the boat is healed and I am stearing behind the wheel.   I have not installed them yet and won't splash the boat for two more months, but I could get back to you afterward.  I, like you, have used them on a boat with a rail designed for them and thought they were great.

Dave
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Garth

I've got the Zarcors on my '89 and they don't get in the way at all. They have presented no issues with tacking or docking, and aren't in the way when lifting the stern locker lid. If anything they were a great add and have become the favourite seats on the boat, as well as a table when I am bbqing on the transom - multipurpose! I don't have a photo handy or I'd post one. If I remember on the weekend, I'll take a couple of photos and post them.

Cheers,

Garth

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

I've never felt that mine got in the way either, here's a pic
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Hawk

Dave,

Run don't walk down to your boat and install the stern perch seats. You will only regret not having done it sooner.
I have the zarcors with a worthwhile modification to the support arm. I had Stu post my photo of it a few years ago and in searching for it just now I came across the below post that I must have missed (out sailing I guess). The photo is my boat showing the stern seat and the angled supprt. Its about 60 degrees or so. And it does not impede opening of the lazerette or get in the way. But it gives a great view while seated and steering.

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5835.0.html

Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Garth

Thanks for posting the photo Mike. Now I won't feel guilty when I forget to take a picture on the weekend!!

yonar

Ed,
I have an extra pair of stern seats manufactured by Zorcor. Cost is half of list price. If interested, I will be in San Diego next weekend March 16-17-18. (562) 279-4887
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

efhughes3

Quote from: yonar on March 09, 2012, 09:06:42 PM
Ed,
I have an extra pair of stern seats manufactured by Zorcor. Cost is half of list price. If interested, I will be in San Diego next weekend March 16-17-18. (562) 279-4887

Hi Turk, just sent you a PM....I'm in town next Saturday.
Ed Hughes
SDYC