Dorade / vent replacement alternative

Previous topic - Next topic

noworries

I busted one of the dorades off a few weeks ago.  I ended up replacing it with a Nicro minivent 1000.  It fit the spot without overhanging (no lip to catch a line).  Wish they had it in stainless but oh well.  It's exhaust only, and it's the dorade above the galley so I think that will work great.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6880|45749|320600&id=45886

I'm thinking about putting a bigger one with battery in the overhead hatch in the vberth. 

The admiral likes the new vent... and she's eyeing the other one like "you should replace that one too!"... I'll have to watch and make sure she doesn't start wrapping lines around it on purpose.  Maybe I'll get her a vent for her birthday... lol
1991 Catalina 34 Mark 1.5 w/ M35

Ron Hill

now : You aren't the first to replace your dorades.  Some used solar vents inplace the dorades scoops and even I added a 4" solar vent in the cabin top (between the mast and Vberth hatch) 22 years ago. 
You'll like the additional ventilation in the Vberth.  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Dave the Canuck

Hello NoWorries. Sorry to revive an old thread.

I have a '91 C34. Hull 1193 and am looking to replace my cowling/dorades with the same mini vent as you did (which now comes in stainless). Has yours fared well? Any lookouts?

Thanks.

Dave