Storing second propane tank

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

John,

If your still have your espar hydronic heater heater I would be interested in purchasing it from you. I could also get it picked up from Victoria. You can PM or email me at davehayes500(at)hotmail.com

Dave.

John Langford

Thanks for the continued interest in this issue. I haven't made up my mind which way to go with the storage of a second tank but I have removed the starboard STARBOARD seat to make a temporary plywood replacement in order to try install the spare tank into the seat.

The rest of the project is going along well. I have located the precise spot where the chimney should be placed. I drilled an exploratory hole for the 3" cutout from below and the chimney cap will fit perfectly around that spot with the edge of the cap base being right on the edge of the deck tread on the cabin top. I may actually drill the 3" hole today if I can get weather warm enough to allow me to seal the edges of the cutout with epoxy. A guard over the cap will be essential as the lazy sheet will definitely catch the cap without it. The cap is a bit forward of the forward port lower shroud.

I have rearranged the propane tank locker to accommodated a T coupling after the solenoid to accept both the gas line to the heater and the existing one to the stove.  It is quite difficult to free the solenoid from its perch in the locker as the small bolts retaining it were frozen. I finally had to cut one off with a hacksaw. The new gas line will arc back towards the starboard side and exit the locker via a hole drilled into the side of the locker just above the solenoid.

I will try to take some pictures when I am done.

Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

Ken Juul

For clarification.  The factory locations of the propane lockers.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA