Cruising & Pictures

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Here's one I like
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Heyman

Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

waterdog

Stu, this picture is devoid of technical content.  Nothing about the hull, engine system, sail handling.   Not even technical sailing content.   There is in fact, no c34 in this picture. 

Are you sure you want it here?   

If you don't remove it, I will respond.   It will be something tropical.  Maybe with a cactus or a palm tree.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

I'm sure Stu was trying to demonstrate what the surface of the water looks like without wind, which some of us have never seen :lol:
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

waterdog

All right.  Fair warning.  Here's one of my favourites.  It's Foster in Bahia de los Muertos.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Joe and Carol

A posting of Stu, evidenced by an easily posted picture, of a sailor appreciating the dedication of people moving their ships past the moments of man.  We who photograph would like to know the technical aspects of the camera used, light conditions, lens information and if Stu found the picture previously posted in C34 Association boards or credited to any other project previously completed by C34 Association members?

And in addition did Stu give way to this craft or did they alter course to avoid having their picture taken at close range?

Merry Christmas to all!
Joe & Carol Pyles

YatchaSea
1987 Catalina 34 TR
Hull #244

Sailing Stockton Lake, Missouri

Stu Jackson

The stanchions, cleverly and technically bedded with some sort of specific non-adhesive silicone at a fair and reasonable price from ACE Hardware, my favorite boating chandlery, clearly show in the bottom right corner of the picture.  Who says a C34 is not included?  f something or other at a gazillionth of a second on "auto."  No harbor seals were harmed in the production of this single photo.   Took the picture myself, did not hire the kayackers to drive by repeatedly...this is a one of a kind shot.  Water was a tad colder than Foster's.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Craig Illman

Everyone knows that a kayak is ten points and a double kayak is fifteen!  :thumb: