What's with all these hoses?

Previous topic - Next topic

Herodotus

Hey fellas,

Clearing out the lazarettes yesterday, I came across ALOT of hoses. Before the dumpster man comes around, what are they used for? Am I that dense not to see what  ight be so abundantly clear?

RV61

Not sure what type hoses your speaking of but would not throw out any that are good!! If they are good you can use them to replace hoses on your boat as they wear where out or if you dont want please sell them or give them away. Some hoses that are found on you boat are Fresh water hose, Scupper hoses, fuel line hoses, hot water heater hose, engine raw water intake hose, exhuast hoses,  water discharge hose etc etc. Take a look thru your boat and determine what you hose you have and what they are  used for. Inspect the heses and the clamps. As learned which hoses did what I labeled them for easy ID later on when i needed to fix .
Rick
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

Ron Hill

Her : Sure would be nice if you could give us some clues like - color, diameter, length, which lazerette, connected or loose??  etc etc etc.  
Sure wouldn't want you to throw out the fuel fill hose (SMILE) !!!!  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Herodotus

They appear to be yellow garden hoses...nothing too spectacular - not even a nozzle or whatnot.

Ah well. Onwards to the NOPS course!

Jim Hardesty

How is this for a guess.  Chafing gear for docklines?  Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

chuck53

Uh...are they connected to anything or just laying there?  How many hoses?  All one length or various lengths?  Average length?
I assume they are left over from the previous owner and you're just now
doing some housekeeping.

Herodotus

QuoteI assume they are left over from the previous owner and you're just now
doing some housekeeping.

Previous owner and then some.

It was only a few hoses, nothing of any importance but wanted to check it out ahead of time.

ANd left over from owners past. This thing hasn't been sailed since it was repaired after Katrina.