Lazarette storage MK 1.5

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcop1

I have searched the archives but can't find anything on my question. I have a 1992 C34 with the walk-thru transom. I have not been able to figure out a good way to utilze the lazarette storage area, the only access is through the small hatch on the starboard side and the storage area extends across the whole aft section of the boat. Has anyone come up with any good ideas?

Miles Henderson

Not sure I know what you mean.  I have a 1992 walk-thru.  The only hatch on the starboard side is a very small access hatch to the rudder post and other miscellaneous components (like the refrig compressor).

Stu Jackson

A search on transom by Ken Juul turned this up:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,2916.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

gregbin

I have a square bucket that just fits in the hatch and it hangs on hooks with line that go over the lip.
I can remove it fast if I need to but the only time I take it out is I have to down in.
I keep horn,hand held vhf, chart (paper) and has more for stuff.
The bucket I think was a cat food container.
Can take pics. if needed

Ken Juul

I haven't figured out anything to do with the Stbd Lazarette since I asked the question in Stu's link in 2006.  Still just toss dock lines, water hose, bumpers, etc in and fish out when I need them.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Bob K

It's a great place to store garbage bags when you're not able to get rid of them on shore.  I like the s
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay

Bob K

oops - hit send b4  ready.  Greg, I like your square bucket idea.  I think I will look for one of those.  I once toyed with building a small shelf inside - it would require glassing wood supports to the hull  - I decided that was too much work for a little extra storage, and would lose the garbage storage capability.  I also store fenders down there.  I tie their lines to a small cleat mounted at the top so we we dont have to dive for them.
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay