Catalina Rendezvous

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

On the west coast it is going to be July 9-11 at Catalina Island.  On the east coast Aug 20-22 at Solomon's Island.  Register at http://www.catalinayachts.com/events.cfm  near the top click on the link for the appropriate location.  Cost for the east coast is $145 a person.

If you haven't been to one, you owe it to yourself to attend at least once.  Frank, Gerry and Sharon put on a great event.  The price includes dinner (and usually drinks) on Friday and Saturday nights, breakfast and lunch on Sat, breakfast of Sunday, a bag of goodies, door prizes, prize drawings, etc.  Informative lectures by the vendors that supply Catalina (usually with more give aways).  The loot I've collected at past events more than pays the cost of admission.  One lucky couple gets a week free at the Catalina house in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  The folks from Garhaurer are usually there, you can play with the hardware and purchase if desired.  There is usually a seminar on diesel maintenance, the last one I attended it was done by the owner of Westerbeake.  Charleston Spars, Harken, and Raymarine are usually in attendance.   Kind of like a mini boat show dedicated to Catalinas.

Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Brad Young

DayBay is in Mexico, so we can not sail over to Two Harbors.
However my wife and I are thinking about taking the ferry over
to Catalina for all the festivities.  Does anyone know where is a good place to stay,
close to all the fun etc...

Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84

Bob Kuba

And not to be left out... the Midwest Event.

Catalina Rendezvous
Mac Bay XVII – Mexican Fiesta
July 9 – 11, 2010
Holland, Michigan

Register at www.lmca.com
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore

Terry Forshier

How about catalina sponsoring one of thesze in S or SW Florida. Don't they have a plant in the Keys?

Ken Juul

The plant is in Largo.  Between Clearwater and St Pete on the west coast.  They held a Rendezvous in Fla a few years ago, I haven't heard a reason why they aren't continuing them.  You can always send Sharon an email suggesting it or I'm sure they are at the Catalina booth at the Miami/Ft Lauderdale Boat Shows, chat them up about it.  Or if you are tight with your local Catalina dealer ask them to propose/host it.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Terry Forshier on July 02, 2010, 06:56:38 AM
How about catalina sponsoring one of thesze in S or SW Florida. Don't they have a plant in the Keys?

Terry, Why ask us?  While many of our members have sailed from San Francisco down to Two Harbors on Catalina Island, for those that don't want to, or can't, we hold one here on The Bay every year.  We do it for ourselves and our friends.  Frank and Sharon joined us a few years ago.  We thank Bill Eddy, a Fleet 1 member and past local Fleet officer, for his dedication for the past 13 years to making it happen.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Bob Kuba

BTW,

The event in Holland, Michigan is not sponsored by Catalina Yachts.

It is a local event sponsored by the Lake Michigan Catalina Association and their invitation extends to Catalina Fleet 21 in Chicago and all other Catalina owners who may be interested in attending.
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore

ellispe

Ellis Island will be heading to Catalina This weekend for the 2013 Rendezvous. Be sure to find me and say hi. Us Southern California 34 owners need to stick together !!!

Peter

RobertSchuldenfrei

Quote from: Terry Forshier on July 02, 2010, 06:56:38 AM

Hi Terry,

This is just the type of things we will be talking about at the first meeting of Fleet 14.  It will be on August 28, 2013 in Deerfield Beach, FL.  We have purposefully set the time from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM so folks who have a fair distance to travel, like you, the people in Orlando, and the Biscayne Bay area can make the meeting and get home in at a reasonable hour.  Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Bob
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422