Flax size

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkar

Anyone know off had the size for the stuffing box?(1/4" or 5/16")  Trying to avoide going to the boat before the marine store.  Thanks in advance.

Stu Jackson

3/16 inch for M25 1986.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

jrupinsk

Try the GoreTex type from emarine.com

Stu Jackson

The GoreTex is an inexpensive alternate to the dripless stuffing.  With the "standard" dripless you'll need regular teflon flax to put around the green goop.  The GoreTex is used by itself.  Try the emarine website for details.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jkar

Thanks, I will look into the GoreTex stuff, I put in teflon from westernpacifictrading.com though as it was in the store.

Mike Smith

I'm all ready to tighten the packing nut on Breezer today, but have not done it before.  Bought two wrenches and some PB to loosen up the green corrosion on the nut.  I know to loosen the locking nut first, then tighten the packing nut until I get about two drops per min, then tighten the locking nut, but there seems to be a small (1/4") set screw (?) sticking out of the packing nut.  Do I loosen this prior to trying to tighten the packing nut?

Thanks

Mike Smith
S/V Breezer
www.mikejansmith.com