Cockpit shower

Previous topic - Next topic

kevMar

Has anybody installed a cockpit shower on a 1988 Catalina 34 ? I see there are lots of post on the ones where  you have the walk through tramsom but mine is not... Not sure where to put the shower. The only place i see is somewhere on the port side..... I see there is a new one out by Whale Twist shower.... Any pictures or suggestions would greatly help thank you..

Stu Jackson

I don't recall many pictures of them here, but there was one in Mainsheet recently.  Port side forward on the vertical face, unit installed in the port locker, hose straight down to Ts under the head sink.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

BillG

I installed one on my 87.  I didn't get too fancy, so it is cold water only. Teed off from the cold in the head, hose runs to the rear Lazarette and then put a hole in the aft bulkhead  near the manual pump.  my shower head fitting sits inside the enclosure that came with it and when not in use is flush with the bulkhead.  The 6 feet of hose can hang inside the lazarette and is out of the way, but when pulled out allows me to sit on the swim ladder to shower and keeps the cockpit from getting real wet.  Sorry no pics. 
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

waterdog

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

pablosgirl

I installed a really simple and flexible system from ideas on this site.  I teed into the cold water supply under the head sink and lead a flexible hose (the same type as the cold water supply line) into the port lazeret/cockpit locker and placed a brass barb fitting attached to a 3/4" PVC ball valve into the end of the hose and secured with two SS hose clamps.  I then installed a brass hose bib (male) fitting into the other side of the PVC ball valve.  I sealed the threaded fittings into the ball valve with Teflon tape.  I attached a high quality 50' 3/4' RV water supply hose to the male hose bib fitting and installed a quality sprayer attachment.  The kind with the selectable head that has different spray patterns.  This allows the spray head to be used anywhere on the boat!  We place the sprayer fitting at the aft boarding ladder when we go for a swim and use the "shower" setting to rinse off the salt water before we climb back into the cockpit.  When we way anchor, I drag the hose forward and use it to wash down the anchor and line as they come aboard.  The "jet stream" setting is great for knocking off all that Galveston Bay mud/muck that reviles that found in the Chesapeake!  When finished with the hose, I coil it into the port locker (this is where the high quality hose pays off) and turn off the ball valve to ward off any unpleasant wet surprises.  As long as we don't get to carried away using the hose, a full set of water tanks will last through a long 3 day holiday weekend with 6 on the boat.  Nothing like a good fresh water rinse after a swim to keep the crew's moral high!
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP