Storage/Access question

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Ray

Great pics on your access to under sink. I plan on doing same now thank you. Questions....What is a H & L Catalog? .how much larger IS the larger drawer? Thanks...
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Jon Schneider

Quote from: Rainbow on January 16, 2009, 07:39:32 PM
Does anyone know why am I not recognized as a member when I paid and thought I was? I can't get to tech notes (this is first time I have tried to) and I need a password?? Think my membership was lost? Only acknowledgement I got was one Mainsheet Mag a long time ago.

Susan, I replied to you about your C34IA membership via a "personal message."
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Ron Hill

Susan : H &L Marine are the people that did the teak drawers/shelves etc on the interior of the C34s.
I'm traveling, but I'll guess that the drawer that I had made measures something like 16" W / 18" L /
8" H.  It's a substantial drawer replacement for the tiny drawer that was there (I moved that small drawer to the aft cabin).  The new drawer now holds all of the pot/pans/BBQ fork & spatula etc. and there is still space left.  A nice addition to the galley.   :thumb:
When the drawer & frame are removed there is complete access to the underside of the sink plumbing!!
Ron, Apache #788

Lance Jones

Just ordered the low profile "inspection hatch" for the sink access project. It should be here by weeks end and then the project will be done by the weekend. I'll post more photos when it's done. Would this be a suitable "Project" for the projects page? If so, what format should I use to submit it?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Jon Schneider

Quote from: pogmusic on January 19, 2009, 01:35:12 PM
Just ordered the low profile "inspection hatch" for the sink access project. It should be here by weeks end and then the project will be done by the weekend. I'll post more photos when it's done. Would this be a suitable "Project" for the projects page? If so, what format should I use to submit it?

Great idea to memorialize your work and share it with others as a Project, Lance.  And guess what, it's the perfect candidate to be first new project in our developing wiki... and you can do it yourself!  You'll need to register in the wiki in order to be able to add/edit content.  I've given you a start by already creating the "shell" of an article in the "galley" section and also uploading the pictures that you posted here.  The "top" of the wiki is here: c34.org/wiki.  You can click to your project article by going to the "sink" section in the "galley" area or just go here: http://www.c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sink_Access.  Once you've registered and logged in (different from this Message Board, but you're free to use the same ID/password), just click edit on the top of the article page.  If you just put the project text in and replace the "placeholder captions," I'd be happy to add a touch of fancy formatting to facilitate readability.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. 
Jon Schneider
Greenport, NY USA

Lance Jones

Thanks Jon,
I added the information on what I've done so far. Once the hatch gets here, I'll add the final paragraph or two with photos.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Lance Jones

The hatch arrived today and I took it to the boat. Installation took less than an hour from the time I opened the box that the hatch came in to the time I put the cushions back in place. I tried to take pictures; but, the batteries were dead. So, new batteries tomorrow and I'll add the pictures. I also updated the Wiki page and will add pictures there. Great project.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Lance Jones

As promised. Here are the finished projects photos. Jon, will you post on wiki or should I?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Jon Schneider

Lance wrote up a terrific narrative of how he did this project and published it on the wiki.  Find it here: www.c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sink_Access.  If you're browsing the wiki knowledgebase in general (www.c34.org/wiki), you'll find Lance's article listed in both the Galley and Plumbing sections (same article; two ways to find it).  As of today, neither of those sections, however, have been converted to a full wiki, so most of the other articles will take you to the "old" Projects and FAQ sections (all of which are being converted to the wiki).  If you want to "experience" the wiki, browse the "Anchor" to "Engine" sections or the "Woodworking" to "Refrigeration" sections, which have been completed.  Feel free to add, correct, and comment on the material! 

Lance, thanks again for contributing a great project idea and volunteering to be the first wikier  :clap
Jon Schneider
Greenport, NY USA

Craig Illman

Correction: the Plumbing section of the new C34 Wiki is now complete! (as well as everything below it)

Craig

Lance Jones

Thanks Jon,
A Wikier? Hummmm, been called a wanker before. Not that.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Jon Schneider

Oh, no, a wanker is an entirely different tool ;)
Jon Schneider
Greenport, NY USA