Fall Rendezvous

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

Pan, Pan, Pan - All stations......

Fall 2008 Fleet 5 Rendezvous at Penrose Point State Park in the South Puget Sound, Carr Inlet.  September 12-14.

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Penrose+Point

Be looking for Tom & Lynn Clay's Somewhere, anchored on the west side of the point, ready for rafting up.

Craig

Braxton

Hopefully we'll make it there on Saturday.

Looking at the current charts for the Narrows we'll be there early Saturday afternoon or not at all :)

Anyone have any local advice for the currents in Carr inlet?   Do we need to be all the way to Penrose Point before ebb starts or do we just need to have run through the Narrows?

-Braxton
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA

Craig Illman

Braxton - Ok, I've only been down there once, but I'd expect after you get about 1/2 mile WSW of the south end of Fox Island, it'll be less than a knot. It doesn't look too strong next Saturday anyway. Slack's at 11:25 and then it's a flood.

You've seen this site? http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php

Craig

Tom Clay

Braxton,

We make multiple trips threw the narrows and down to Olympia. You just need to be threw the narrows before ebb. You will only have about a knot of current once threw the narrows.

Look forward to seeing you at Penrose.
Tom and Lynn Clay
2006 34' Hull #1760......Somewhere
Olympia, Wa.

Braxton

OK, sounds good.   Hopefully we'll see you there.
Braxton Allport

Jack Hutteball

Tom, is there a schedule of activities for Saturday, potluck etc?  If there is a shore side potluck or other activity I will see if I can get the Admiral and the grandkids to drive down from Poulsbo for the afternoon/evening, where we are watching the kids for the weekend.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Braxton

Here are some pics from the trip:
Braxton Allport

Braxton

Braxton Allport

Craig Illman

Braxton - Great shots!  I'll need to get the summary of what went on after we left Saturday evening for our Mainsheet summary.

Craig

Ray & Sandy Erps

Great pictures of the raft.  Looks like it was fun.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Tom Clay

Penrose get together was great.

I have also included pictures
Tom and Lynn Clay
2006 34' Hull #1760......Somewhere
Olympia, Wa.

Tom Clay

More Pictures

Tom and Lynn Clay