Long Island surveyor?

Previous topic - Next topic

wilsonlb

I don't think I'm going to follow up on the Naples/Marco Island boat I was looking at.  But I have another candidate on Long Island (why can't there be any close to home?)

Anyone know a good surveyor I might engage to go take a look at her for me before I commit to a trip?

Thanks in advance.

pjcomeau

I bought a C34 in Huntington, NY this past December and shipped it to NB, Canada. I used

Irwin Palmer - Accredited Marine Surveyor 2001
Palmer Yacht Surveys, LLC
28 Catherwood Crescent
Melville, New York 11747-1508
631-427-6913 -O
ipalmer28@optonline.net
Specialty: Yachts, Small Craft

I took a chance and had him do the survey, then based on a positive survey, booked my trip to NY. Irwin met me at the boat and went over the survey (for no additional cost). I figured being out the cost of the survey was actually cheaper then being out the cost of the trip.
Pierre Comeau
Time To Keel, 1988 #687  Saint John, NB Canada

wilsonlb

Thanks for the reference.  I'll give him a call.

I recently had a guy look at a boat for me in Marco Island, FL.  He just charged me for two hours of time - not a whole survey.  But he gave me a very good assessment of the boat - and he probably found most of the stuff a survey would show, just without the written report.  Hopefully, Irwin will do the same for me.  Then if I decide to make the trip - and an offer - he can do the full survey.  Yes, I'll pay a little bit more if I buy the boat - but a whole lot less if I don't.

prh77

I used Irwin for the survey of my 1988 C34 " Trinity " and was very pleased.
Peyton Harrison Hull # 597 1988 "Trinity"

Roc

www.berghmarine.com

This fellow I know recently re-located to the L.I. Sound area. 

Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

oneman

Quote from: pjcomeau on March 28, 2008, 07:26:06 PM
I bought a C34 in Huntington, NY this past December and shipped it to NB, Canada. I used

Irwin Palmer - Accredited Marine Surveyor 2001
Palmer Yacht Surveys, LLC
28 Catherwood Crescent
Melville, New York 11747-1508
631-427-6913 -O
ipalmer28@optonline.net
Specialty: Yachts, Small Craft

I took a chance and had him do the survey, then based on a positive survey, booked my trip to NY. Irwin met me at the boat and went over the survey (for no additional cost). I figured being out the cost of the survey was actually cheaper then being out the cost of the trip.

I called irwin yesterday and discovered that he's deceased.