Princess Louisa Inlet

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

We hooked up with Jack & Ruthie at Pirate's Cove on Monday evening as they headed north and we headed south. Spent Tuesday night again at Montegue and had a chance to explore around a bit. Alas, the Bakery Boat was gone from the harbor. We broad reached over to Ganges today. A  nice little town. My guests are off exploring on mopeds.

By the way, we ran into Jack & Margaret Henderson with Castewellan, formally of Fleet 12 and now living in Mill Creek, WA at Egmont. I see their boat over a couple slips, but they must be out exploring town. They must have found their  coolant leak.

We're probably clearing at Roche Harbor tomorrow afternoon, then likely Reid Harbor for the night as we work our way back to Anacortes.

Craig

Craig Illman

Pictures that still don't give the scene justice

Craig

Ray & Sandy Erps

We arrived back in town July 25th after three weeks.  Highlight was our sail back south across the Strait of Georgia.  We had a 20 knot beam reach across and had our heavy cruis doering a consistent 8.4 knots through the water with a few bursts up to 9 knots.  Those were the biggest numbers we've seen on our knot meter since buying the boat three years ago.

Sat in Roscoe Bay for five days before we had to do something about our holding tank and batteries.  The sail boaters had the power boaters out numbered 3 to 1 on most days.  A large raft of power boaters came in one night (five) and since they were all running their generators, I fired up the honda for an hour to get a bit of a charge.  A solar panel is definitely on our list for next summer.  It's so darn quiet up there that I really hated to run the generator.  Our daily amp consumption was 45, so I think I could get by with a single panel sitting on top of our boom in anchorages until we get a more permanent mount on top of a bimini.

Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Ray & Sandy Erps

Craig,

I see you got your new anchor installed.  Did you get it wet?  We've found that ours doesn't set as well in sand.  Had to try twice at Sidney Spit and it took a few tries on the south side of Spencer Spit last year.

Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Ray & Sandy Erps

This is a little video of our nearly 9 knot sail across the Strait of Georgia on the way back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbW7ypihzHM
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA