Web site info

Previous topic - Next topic

mike baker

I really appreciate this web site and check out the conversations on the Message Board frequently.  I have gotten a lot of good ideas and help from it.  However, I just posted a reply on the Message Board and noticed that it shows me as a "guest".  I thought I was a registered user of this web site.  I have a user name and password for the message board as well as a seperate user name and password for the Tech Notes.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, I would like to make a few corrections to my info in the Data Base but don't know how.  Can someone please help me on this also?

Sorry to be so dumb but, what can I say????

Mike Baker #815 "Gray Hawk"

Stu Jackson

Mike

1.  Guest:  sometimes you may have cleared your cookies (no sailing pun intended!) from your hard drive.  If you regularly or manually delete the infopop cookie, check in the upper left hand of the Message Board.  It should say Hello: your name.  If it says guest, just sign in again.  Hope you remembered your password.  There is also that little Windows "Do you want me to remember" dialog box.  I checked is as "yes," while some people don't, or they have clicked the box that says "Don't show this box again."  I don't know enough computereeze to figure how to get that one back.

2.   Data base info changes:  click on faq, upper right hand of message board, the topic is there.

Good luck.  And how come you didn't ask for spell check?  :)

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mike baker

Stu,

Thanks for the info.  In the past I have periodically deleted ALL cookies.  They seem to multiply like rabbits and, I assume take up alot of disk space.  I guess some are necessary.

Concerning spell checker -- I don't need it I always spel purfictly.  I may not be the worst speller in the word, but if he should die I will inherit the title.

Admin

Mike -

For changes in the database, contact Ralph Caruso rxc@nrc.gov.  Sorry we don't have a spell checker, but one thing you can do, if you're uncomfortable, is type you message first in Word, and then cut and paste into a message.

Dave Smith
webmaster@c34.org
Bear Territory #1421

Stu Jackson

Mike

I had assumed you meant the Message Board database.  However, if you're thinking of the main website database, Dave Smith's right on about sending a separate email message to Ralph Caruso.  In fact, Ralph recently posted a note to this message board about his updates.

Stu

Just kidding about the spell czech. :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mike baker

Dave & Stu,

I sent Ralph Caruso an e-mail about my Data Base corrections.  Thanks for the help.

Mike