Fleet 5 Summer Rendezvous

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

At our meeting the end of April, Jack Hutteball & I suggested the weekend of June 30th for a potential raft-up/rendezvous in the San Juans. Unfortunately, Jack has conflicts and I'm on call for working that weekend. I'm proposing an alternate date, July 7th. I'll be starting our summer vacation and will again suggest Blind Bay on the north side of Shaw Island for a meeting spot. There's a lot of room for anchoring and it's just across the channel from the Orcas ferry dock and Orcas store. If anyone's thinking of coming up, send me a note offline and I'll give you my cell number.

Craig Illman

Craig Illman

Follow-up -

We're still planning on Blind Bay on Shaw on Saturday the 7th. I've one other interested party. We'll be over by around 5pm. We'll keep one of the VHF's on 68 if you're trying to find us.

Then we're off to Stuart or Sucia on Sunday, then probably over to Bedwell on South Pender in the Gulf Islands.

Craig

wind dancer

We're leaving for the islands Thursday, and are meeting friends at Spencer Spit Saturday.  Just a hop and a skip from Blind Bay.  Maybe we'll run into you. . .
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

Craig Illman

Jay - I'm not sure which way we'll head over from Anacortes. Probably through Thatcher Pass, but depending on wind, might head north up Bellingham Channel or Rosario Strait and west through Peavine Pass. I think Sunday we'll be heading to Prevost Harbor on Stuart Island.

Craig

Randy and Mary Davison

Craig,

We're taking relatives out this weekend and will watch for you and the other C34s as well.  Friday to Reid Harbor on Stuart - Saturday to the zoo (Roche) - Sunday home.  We'll keep an eye out!

Also, summer will be short trips only for us as Mary has school in Ellensburg weekly so will generally be in the Gulfs when we go out.  Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Randy and Mary

PS:  I've dropped by to see if you were on the boat each time we've been up to work on Gorbash but we must be on very different schedules.  I'll be in Anacortes possible tomorrow morning and probably Thurday morning getting the last few things sorted out.
Randy Davison
Gorbash
MK1 #1268
k7voe

wind dancer

Randy,

We're heading to Roche Sunday, maybe we'll run into you. . .

Jay

Randy and Mary Davison

Jay,

We'll keep a lookout for you.  Not sure what time we'll leave Roche as haven't looked at the tides yet but probably before noon.

Randy
Randy Davison
Gorbash
MK1 #1268
k7voe

Randy and Mary Davison

Jay, hi after the fact!  We saw you pulling into a slip at Roche just as we were rounding the guest dock on the way out.  We almost took a turn around but you had your hands full and we were running late so...next time.

Randy and Mary
Gorbash
Randy Davison
Gorbash
MK1 #1268
k7voe

wind dancer

Randy and Mary,

Too bad we missed you.  Next time!

Jay and Sheila