Chart Plotter - Pedestal Guard

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McGill

I have an 88 with the original classic pedestal and the short straight pedestal guard.

I am interested in adding either a 6.5 or 10" chart plotter. Would be interested in changes or upgrades you have done in this area. If you would like to post any pictures they would be greatly appreciated. I an thinking of changing out the guard to either the Edson 58" offset or their angled guard. I currently have no other instruments on my guard with the exception of my hand held GPS.

Thanks

Steve M.
(soon to be) 1988 # 588
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

Chris Martinson

When I added my plotter - I changed out the pedestal guard of my '89 to the angled guard by edison and used a pod for the plotter and mounted the original data marine remote panel above it.  It works well.

Chris
Chris Martinson
More Therapy
1989 Hull # 945

Sailing Steve

I don't have any photos handy, but I've gone with a "Ram Mount" for my chartplotter.  It allows for almost unlimited adjustments for whatever viewing angle you wish, plus it quickly disconnects for secure storage or for use at the nav table on another Ram Mount base.  I went with a chartplotter that has a built-in GPS antenna and I've had no regrets.  Works just fine at the nav table and it is one less wire to run/go bad etc., and I didn't have to change out the pedestal guard.

http://www.ram-mount.com/

For what it's worth.
Steve
'90 Mk I.5 "L'Abri"
Hull# 1080