President's Day 3-day weekend`

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray & Sandy Erps

Hey,

There currently isn't any ice on the boat and it's not getting dark until after 5:00.  We're thinking of going to either Saddle Bag, Eagle Harbor or Coronet Bay for the weekend depending on the weather.  So far it looks like most of the rain will be on Thursday and Friday.  Will anyone else be out and about?

Ray
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Craig Illman

I'm doing some boat work on Friday, then coming back up on Saturday for some day sailing. It needs to get warmer before I can get my spouse out on an overnight. Eagle Harbor, Winslow, or another Eagle Harbor I haven't learned about? Is the north side of Saddlebag deep enough to hang out at?

Craig

Ray & Sandy Erps

Hello Craig,

The local Eagle Harbor is on the North-east side of Cypress Island.  It's becoming a popular anchorage.  We used to have it to ourselves, but it's getting busy in the summer time.  It's shallow, but there are great hiking trails on shore.  The northside of Saddle Bag is shallow too but depending on the tides you can sometimes anchor in the bight of the Island for a cozy little overnighter but usually we sail boaters are anchored further out.

We'll see you later this spring.  I just got the refer unit up and running again and I'm anxious to try it out, although lately, all we had to do was leave the cooler door open to keep it cold.

Ray
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

wind dancer

Sorry I didn't check this forum last week.  We sailed over to Kingston for the weekend, just came back this morning.  We're thinking Eagle Harbor or Winslow might be on the late winter checklist.
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle