Steering Quadrant for MkII Boats

Previous topic - Next topic

George Bean

Does anyone know the correct Edson part number and size for the Radial Drive Wheel (quadrant) used on the Mk II boats?  One of my many projects is to install a rudder sensor and I need to know the correct geometry.  My plan so far is to use the extra two threaded bolt holes to mount a cover plate that will have the ball socket that will connect to the sensor via a rod.  I'm mounting the sensor itself to the underside of the deck on the Stb. Side of the rudder post.  With the transverse mounted water tank and all the other wires and cables, there isn't much room to work but my preliminary survey indicates that it should work with a little modification.
George Bean
s/v Freya  1476

Jeff_McKinney

George,

As others might say: Perhaps you could give your dealer or Catalina (818-884-7700) a call? Be sure to mention your hull number in case they changed the vendoe of the part.
Jeff McKinney,  Event Horizon;  Upper Chesapeake Bay

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

George : You can go on line, but got a hunch you're going to want to talk to somebody.  Your's is not the first time this question has been asked. 
Talk to Will Keen @ (508)995-9711 - he'll help you!!   :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788