Georgian Bay

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Tonner

For those who have concerns about flying a spinnaker,my wife lets me do this while she's on board!
Holland Marsh    Hull #899   Cormarant II

ken003

Could someone give me the name of a good marina around Midland, ON?  I plan on storing our boat in that area next winter, before doing the Trent Severn canal the following summer.  We would only be storing it for one winter and would not have a cradle or jack stands.  Also if anyone has done the trent severn canal, I would like to hear some words of advice.  Will I have trouble with a C34 and wing keel of 4.5' ?

Thanks,
Ken

tommyt

Ken003

Your question on the trent Severn was coved on one of the other boards I lurk on. Either www.sailnet.com or www.cruisersforum.com. Hopefully you get your answer here, but if not Sailnet has lists for all the Great Lakes. Lake Michigan is the most active, but if you post the question on Lake Huron and Lake Ontario lists I am pretty sure you will get lots of replies.
I am sorry that I can't remember exactly which list or topic it was covered on. Seems to me it was started by someone selling a home in Illinois and moving to New York Lake Ontario.

good luck.
Tom Mallery, C34 #1697, 2004 MKII, Splash Dance

Andrew Harvey

Ken,
We are at Bay Moorings in Penetanguishene (right next to Midland).
Phone 705 549 6958 or baymoor@csolve.net
There is lot's of water. Would be great to have you as a guest.
Andrew 
Andrew Harvey