Sept 24th and 25th

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray & Sandy Erps

Depending on weather, we're going to try for a four day weekend around the 24th.  We made it up to Doe Island on Labor Day weekend and found the dock open late Saturday afternoon.  That's starting to become our favorite secret spot because we've been able to tie up to the float everytime we've been there.  We'll probably hit Doe Island again then over to Jones and maybe Friday Harbor (who knows, we kind of go with the flow)  

Here's a link to some of our other weekend adventures.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resnxdf0/index.html
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Jack Hutteball

We have been to Doe Island on two occasions and found the same thing.  We get back in town on the 25th and plan to head straight for the boat.  Weather permitting, we will head out to see if we can catch up with you.

Jack

PS Great website Ray.  I enjoy trips down memory lane.  Our family has been much like yours, spending the summers on our boats.
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Ray & Sandy Erps

Hello Jack and Ruth,

Our boat goes back into the water tomorrow (Tuesday)  Fresh bottom paint, new cutlass bearing, balanced and repitched propellor.  Should go like greased lighting so we'll have to give you guys a head start if we travel together.  

Haven't looked at the weather report for the end of the week yet.  We'll update our intinerary as we get closer.  So, what kind of feed back did you get from folks on forming a fleet?

Take care.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Jack Hutteball

Ray,
With all that new go fast stuff you will leave us in the dust!  

I have about 11 responses to a fleet organization, one being a no.  They range in location from Bellingham to Tacoma.

Seattle 4
Bellingham 2
LaConner 1
Anacortes 1
Tacoma 1
Browns Point 1
Everett 1-no

Most appear to be willing to meet about 4 times a year and attend an overnite raft up quarterly (varies of course.)

The next step would be to set a meeting in a place central to all and see what kind of turn out we get.

I carry the file around in my brief case and have not done anything with it as we have been on the go so much this summer.  (The month in Desolation Sound was worth it!)  Any thoughts on proposing a meeting now that summer sailing is closing in on us?  I am planning on a good October for some Indian Summer sailing weekends.

We are completing our house in Anacortes after the first of the year so that will be our new location.
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Ray & Sandy Erps

That's good news on the interest in forming a fleet.   Do most the folks have email?  We could start an email chain going to start getting input.

Looks like Seattle has the most interest and is midway between B'ham and Tacoma.  There is an all Catalina Association that meets now and then at the Shilshoal (sp?) Marina.  I bet we could get some cooperation out of those folks and see if we could meet at the Yacht Club facilities down there.

It would be fun to arrange a raft-up meeting, but I think that would probably be too hard to work around everyone's schedule, so a land meet would probably be best.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Ray & Sandy Erps

Looked at the tides for Saturday the 24th.  I work the night before, so we probably won't leave La Conner until 1300 hrs.  Looks like Rosario is ebbing all afternoon.

We'll probably head north up the channel, ride the Guemes Ebb, cut over to James Island and see if we can get the float Saturday afternoon.  I'm not going to hold my breath.  If the float is free, we'll tie up.  If not, I don't know what we'll do.  Might go over to Jones, might go through Thatcher, then north, then out Peavine and up to Doe.  Getting on a float is a higher priority with us now that we have the dog to walk four times a day.

Jack, if you guys think you'll get out, I'll email you our cell phone number so we'll have a better chance of drinking more of your wine.  I'll see if there is any good beer on sale this time as well.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Jack Hutteball

It looks like all have e-mails listed, so your Idea looks great.  I think the Seattle group  meets at a restaurant in Leshi area the last time I checked their website.

As to getting out this weekend, we arrive back at SeaTac about 4:00 and plan to go straight to the boat. probably be at least 6:30 before we get there depending on traffic.  I have two appointments on Tuesday (so much for responding to e-mail when one is on the road) which results in being back in Monday evening for us.
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

captran

Ditto, great we site Ray!  Sure wish we were over there with Voyager in the water.  And as I watch the weather channel, I am counting my blessings that we're not still in Ft Pierce!!!!
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa