Kubota D-950 Part Numbers

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray & Sandy Erps

I'm gradually increasing my inventory of spare parts for the boat.  I plan on getting a spare glow plug and I might pick up a spare injector.  I've been looking all over the web for the Kubota part numbers for the M-25XP engine and I finally found a source.  It's a large PDF file of the parts manual.  Whoopee!

http://www.sailingboatefaki.gr/Engine%20Manuals.htm
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Jim Price

These are great files!   :clap   Only took few seconds to download all three files.  Now if I can just figure out how and where to install the radiator on the engine???? :think
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Stu Jackson

Jim,

The radiator is traditionally installed at the masthead, with only minor modifications needed to the masthead crane.  It's very similar to installing a halyard wrapstop or a spinnaker crane.  The options available include stainless steel or titanium.  The piping is installed inside the wiring conduit in the mast to avoid mast slap when at anchor.  The pump is usually installed under the starboard seat in the saloon, although many people have already installed batteries in that location, so you may have to consider an alternate location, like in front of the starboard water tank.  The reason for the masthead location for the radiator is to avoid having to haul up the radar reflector every time it gets foggy.  Optional locations for the radiator are in the anchor locker or the head.  The tractor seat [optional equipment, extra price] is usually installed just in front of the binnacle, facing aft, so that the operator can clearly observe the harvesting equipment [also optional] installed on the stern mounts.  Mark II owners also need the optional bracket mounting system for the harvesting equipment due to the open transom (note: open transom mounting steps must be removed).
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

DEMERY

Tom Soko

Ray,
At a diesel seminar I attended a few years ago, they mentioned that glow plugs are fine to add to the spares box, but injectors, even wrapped carefully, will "go bad" in 6-12 months.  Can't remember why, but it made sense at the time.  Maybe check with a supplier before ordering one that you don't plan on using for a while??  Maybe someone else knows the reason?
Tom Soko
"Juniper" C400 #307
Noank, CT

Ron Hill

Ray : I'll check out the site when I get back home to something faster than 14.4kps, but it sounds great.

On your idea of a spare injector, buy 3 or none.  There's no way that you have the ability to check the spray pattern, so when you change one change all.  They come packed in an oil solution and are wrapped in a seal.  Then take the old ones and have them rebuilt and keep onboard as spares.  They will probably be a special order as most Kubota dealers do not keep them in stock.

Don't know what Tom is talking about as there's no "expiration date" on the box.  Think I had mine for well over 2 years before I installed them and they worked great. Have no idea how long they were in the parts supply system before I bought them.  Just follow the procedures I wrote up in the Mainsheet for changing them out and you should have no problem.  

BTW, Attach a long tube to the radiator drain(up the mast), as that mixture tends to stain gelcoat if spilled!!   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Ray & Sandy Erps

Now I'll have to think a little bit more about the spare injector.  I've actually had a glow plug fail on my previous boat and I've seen single injector's fail during my short career as a diesel mechanic.  When an injector fails rather than just dripping or spraying a crappy pattern it's a pretty simple task to determine which one failed.  Just start cracking the high pressure lines while the engine is running and you'll quickly narrow it down to the dead cylinder.  Kind of like pulling spark plug wires only no shock.  Thought if I could get one for around $50 it might be good insurance to get me home before replacing the remaining two.  Hmmm.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Ron Hill

Ray : If you look at your M25XP more closely you'll see that you're probably going to have to remove most of the plumbing to ALL of the injectors to remove only one of them.  
The banjo to each of the injectors on my engine is one piece - the M25 had them separate.  
A thought.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788