Weekend May 7th

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray & Sandy Erps

Anyone going out this weekend?  We were thinking of making a run up to B'ham to use up a gift certificate for the Anthony's restaurant but the tides suck.  There's a minus tide on Saturday around noon, so that means the current will be against us in the Swinomish Channel when we leave so I think we're going to save the B'ham trip for another weekend.  

I forgot to check times for slack water at Deception Pass, but I think that's against us too, so that leaves Skagit Bay or north of the Swinomish Channel for us.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Gene Regan

Hi Ray,
Why dont you and Jack get a cruise together to form a new fleet and see how it goes, you might be surprised. Everyone coming could bring a dish to share and some libations and have some fun forming your new fleet.
Come on whataya say?
Thanks

Jack Hutteball

Ray,
We are out of commission for the rest of the month. we are off to San Diego then DC to help our kids make a move.  The we promised to meet our other two kids at Crater lake over the memorial day weekend.  At this rate I hope the boat has not grown to the bottom and that I have time to get ready for the Desolation Sound cruise.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Ray & Sandy Erps

Hello Jack,

Have a safe trip.  I got the Fleet Start-up flyer in the mail and will have it back shortly.  We ended up going up to Bellingham after all.  It was openning day up there so we went right through the middle of a parade with a fire boat spraying water and a formation of old aircraft flying overhead.  The marina was crawling with activity.

We met another C-34 member on the dock and I directed him to the website for the answers to a problem with his forward hatch.  We also talked about the "slow starter" problem that is common with out boats.  He sounded interested in some raft-ups this summer too, schedule permitting, so I added his email address to the form.  More later.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA