Replace DC panel circuit breaker

Previous topic - Next topic

Rortega46

My AB fridge was tripping the "Refrigerator" circuit breaker on the DC panel.  After searching for frayed wire, I swapped the wiring to the breakers for the "Steaming Light" & "Refrigerator" and after a week the breaker has not tripped.  It's time to change the breaker.

The breaker has "Airpax Cambridge MD" imprinted on it, has a sticker with "I 10 D 72", and is approximately 2" x 3/4" x 1 3/4"H.  Does anyone know the model # of this 10A breaker and the best place to buy a replacement?
Randy Ortega
2001 MKII Hull # 1532 M35BC
S/V Yat
New Orleans, LA

Roc

You should be able to find a 10A breaker at West Marine.  Or you can look on-line for a better price.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Geoffreykwright

Just out of curiosity, what does D 72 indicate? (I get the I 10).
Sundowner III
Catalina 34 Mk II Hull 1494 (Built 2000)
Toronto, CANADA

Ekutney

Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Rortega46

I assume the 10 is for 10 amp but do not know what the I, D and 72 stand for.  I don't think this is a push/push breaker but an OEM switch breaker on the DC side of the main circuit breaker panel above the nav station. 
Randy Ortega
S/V Yat
New Orleans, LA

Stu Jackson

I just did a search on "circuit breaker ratings" and there are three detailed hits that may answer your question.  If not, an internet search certainly should.  Sorry, I used to know but forgot...happens a lot these days!  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Geoffreykwright

Quote from: Rortega46 on August 13, 2019, 11:44:49 AM
I assume the 10 is for 10 amp but do not know what the I, D and 72 stand for.  I don't think this is a push/push breaker but an OEM switch breaker on the DC side of the main circuit breaker panel above the nav station.

I is the electrical symbol for current - so I 10 means 10 amp.  Gonna try and find out what D and 72 refer to...
Sundowner III
Toronto, CANADA

Noah

A company named "Square D" makes breakers and maybe that is a brand model/designator? Just a guess.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Geoffreykwright

Had also thought 'D' could stand for DC.  And DC breakers seem to be rated B,C,D for the amount of current over the rated amount before they trip.  Neither of those explain the 72 though....
Sundowner III
Toronto, CANADA

Rortega46

FYI, West Marine had an exact replacement for the OEM 10 amp fuse.  Specs on the OEM breaker are F.L. amps 10, max volts 65/250, hertz DC/60, delay 72, trip amps 13.5 and cust p/n C130.  This info is on the side of the breaker.
Randy Ortega
S/V Yat
New Orleans, LA

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig