Anchor locker hatches

Previous topic - Next topic

lazybone

Would love to see some solutions for holding the anchor locker hatches open while pulling up the anchor?

Mk1
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Ed Shankle

Tie it off to the opposite rail?
Regards,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

KWKloeber

I have only a single hatch anchor locker.  But I use a loop of 1/8" bungee cord around the pulpit rail (carefully calibrated length) with the bitter ends terminated in a single 1/4" Bainbridge hook (hook catches the lip of the cover, tension holds it open.)

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/bainbridge--shock-cord-hooks--P002_068_004_508?recordNum=14

Hell, it probably won't work on a 34, so excuse my pontificating.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

Shock cord to port pulpit rail works fine too on my single door C34😎  The killer hatch is the port cockpit seat hatch (heavy limb chopper) which I mitigate by using a shock cord around the jib winch.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Ron Hill

Guys : On the double door anchor well doors I used the Bainbridge hooks like Ken, but I clipped off the keeper on each door hook.
The 1/4" shock cord then will "hook" on to the upper life line to keep them open.  The wire tie loop holding them to the underside of the hasp (nut) then acts as a loop to "hook" into when you want store them when the doors are closed (so they don't dangle)!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

I use Ken's hooks at both ends, PORT:  one side to the small bump ss on the aft end of the top rail of the bow pulpit and the other around the edge of the door; STBRD: sling it under the furling line.  No muss, no fuss, no extra anything to install or maintain or clean.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."