plastic stud for in-mast furling

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hardesty

Shamrock is a 2001 with in-mast furling from Charleston Spar.  There is a plastic stud? that prevents the top swivel from rotating, it has seen better days.  I've contacted Catalina, they suggested trying Charleston Spar.  Didn't get any help there, think ownership has changed.  It's simple enough I could make or have it made but buying is easier.  Has anyone replaced it or have a place to buy it.  Hope the pictures show well enough, they are with the mast down and stored.
Thanks,
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

KWKloeber

Jim I've never seen one before but on a long shot, try RigRite.

Or Ed can probably fab one out of Delrin if you send the old one.
https://www.zephyrwerks.com/
edlouchard@gmail.com
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Fansea

Jim,
I'm fairly new to our Cat34 MKII, but I think that Catalina Direct has what you need. Check here
https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/catalina-34/rigging/furling-gear/

Cheers
Will Baty
FanSea
Fair winds

britinusa

Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Jim Hardesty

Yes,  That's what I need.   Thanks
Jim Hardesty
sailing Lake Erie
Erie, PA

Roc

Did you try going to HD or Lowes and look at the hardware section.  They have bins of all sorts of plastic and rubber items.  Maybe you can find a plastic washer or something you can use to rig something that would work.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Jim Hardesty

Ordered from Catalina Direct should be here soon.  Will change next time the sail is down, may be end of season.  I do look at it with binoculars from time time to check it out.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
sailing Lake Erie
Erie, PA