Steaming light solenoid

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Thx, but take a look at Jon W.'s boat wiring. He did himself,  and did a much more "together" job (well labeled, etc.) than mine. While I did a lot of new electrical stuff, some of the l original non-tinned boat wiring and crimps still remain, as seen on my photos of the right-side negative buss behind panel, etc.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Ron Hill

Guys : The wiring to the cockpit might be a great idea, but being from the "old school" I am usually always down below while motoring once every hour or two.
I just like to open the engine inspection door in the head and look at the alternator/drive belt and the port side of the engine. Also peak at the Racor filter,lift pump and raw water strainer.  Then I move over to the aft cabin side and look at the raw water pump (M25XP) for any leaks, the starboard side of the engine and even look back at the stuffing box for leaks.

So when down below I don't mind turning ON/OFF any electrical switches as necessary!!.

My thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Noah

Ron- the idea behind aggregating a separate panel in the cockpit was not entirely based upon the convenience of not having to go below to flip switches, it also allowed me to free up/not need to design/allocate 6 separate breaker/switches on my main distribution panel (steaming light, deck level nav lights, tricolor masthead nav lights, spreader lights, anchor light, and masthead strobe light, as well as a 7th, compass light). Power to that panel and compass light are on one switch, "binnacle".
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Jon W

To avoid hunting for something that isn't there, I did not add light switches at the binnacle as part of my electrical upgrade. To turn on/off navigation, steaming, anchor, and/or spreader lights I have to go to the main distribution panel at the navigation station below.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca