2 very impressive boat cleaners

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Shreeves

I'm sure many know about these products but, these where a "discovery" for me this week and I'm so impressed, I wanted to share for those that haven't tried them.    Starbrite Instant Hull Cleaner for cleaning the boot stripe and Starbrite Instant Black Streak Remover.

The Instant Hull Cleaner cleaned the nasty white boot stripe exactly as directed and it was as effortless as wiping it clean.   I applied with a rag but, I'll make sure I have a way to spray it on in the future.  This worked for me far easier than On Off last season.

The Instant Black Streak Remover on the hull that appear under the deck drains etc. cleaned up with little effort.  It also cleaned the transom that gets dark from a variety of causes really very well. The label says it won't remove the wax but, the water definitely beaded far less where I used this product.  This was prep for Spring commissioning and waxing so, no big deal to me.  I also made sure to thoroughly rinse with plenty of water after using these serious cleaners

I don't think I've ever promoted a product like this before but, I wanted to share for those looking for an easy way to get these tough to clean jobs done.

Can't wait to get her back in the water later this month!
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Ron Hill

Bill : Two other great cleaners are FSR ("Fiberglass Stain Remover") and "Spray-a-way" !!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Roland Gendreau

What is a good recommendation for a cleaner to use for general hull cleaning.   I would like to use something that is not too harsh, to keep my gel coat  in pretty good shape.   
I use the cleaners recommended above for the boot stripe and to deal with various stains. 

Thanks!
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

mark_53

Quote from: Roland Gendreau on April 06, 2019, 07:19:01 PM
What is a good recommendation for a cleaner to use for general hull cleaning.   I would like to use something that is not too harsh, to keep my gel coat  in pretty good shape.   
I use the cleaners recommended above for the boot stripe and to deal with various stains. 

Thanks!

I like Boat Soap from WM.

Bill Shreeves

Quote from: Roland Gendreau on April 06, 2019, 07:19:01 PM

Thanks!

i've been using shurhold britewash for the past couple seasons after i got a good price for a gallon on amzn.  i've been very happy with it
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Roland Gendreau

I used Jamestown Distributors TotalBoat  Boat Soap.  Into a pretty full bucket of water, I added a cup of boat soap and a half cup of bleach.   I amended with bleach because i had mold/mildew in numerous areas including the cockpit seating area.  I don't know if the Boat Soap would have removed the mold/mildew without the  bleach.

I used a spaghetti mop to apply it and a hand brush to scrub any heavily dirtied or moldy areas. 
I have to say the results were very, very good.  My boat never come out this clean with any other cleaning products I have tried.
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI