Mounting of Garhauer radar tower

Previous topic - Next topic

crieders

Where does the swivel plate get mounted on the boat?
Any pictures that anyone has?
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Stu Jackson

If it's anything like the pole for their dinghy motor lifts, here are photos:
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

crieders

Do you have a backing plate on that?
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Stu Jackson

No, none required.  It's only in compression, not even any shear load.  Just screws.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Oldlaxer1

Stu, am I safe to assume that the lifting davit is easily removable?  I'm not sure I need it for a lot of our day sails but it sure would be nice for our overnighters to get the outboard off the bracket and onto the dinghy. 
John Novotny
1987 C34 #298

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Oldlaxer1 on July 17, 2020, 05:09:06 AM
Stu, am I safe to assume that the lifting davit is easily removable?  >>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, it is.  There are just two things that go onto the boat:  the ring on the pushpit top railing and the "bulb" at the bottom of the "stick" that I have on the top of my coaming.  Just slide the tube in through the ring and down on top of the bulb, remove by pulling up.