Pics of my smaller dinette table

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Ray

Aloha,  I know this is an old thread but I just had my table cut down so it will swivel to let people in to sit down. It works for me !
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

csimmerling

Love it! I've been wanting to do thet but afraid I might need it for the sleeping space at some point...
"Natterling", #148 1986 mk 1 fin keel std rig, Port Jefferson, NY

scgunner

Even with a cut down table it still provides enough support with the center cushion in place for sleeping. My table is cut down even more than Susan's and it still sleeps just fine.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Ekutney

I have a smaller cocktail table & it works fine to support the cushion for turning the area into a bed.  The smaller table means it does not fully support the edges of the cushion but when laying down provides plenty of support.  It is possible to push a hand through the gap between the end of the cushions but it has not caused any safety issues.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Stu Jackson

Kevin's right.  And Ed's right.  The cushion's thickness and stiffness make up for almost any reasonable gaps.  Of course, if all you have is a really small cocktail table sized left, then probably not.  But most successful table modifications I've seen have left a substantial portion of the surface intact.

I noted this when I did my table mod by slicing 6 1/2 inches off the aft end.  And I did that finally after 18 years of using that cushion all of twice!  :D

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ekutney

Pic of my smaller salon table.  Sits 4 cozy & supports the cushion as a berth.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Susan Ray

Amazon is selling a SeaTeak small cockpit table for $284. and Defender has the large SeaTeak with fold out sides for $299. both a lot less than regular price right now.
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii