Join the C34 Association Today!
[C34 Home] [C34Tech Notes] [C34 Tech Wiki] [Join!]
Please login or register.
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 Officers Meeting Notes  (Read 182 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Stu Jackson

  • Moderator
  • Forum - Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
  • ********
  • Karma: 68
  • Posts: 7446
    • View Profile
2018 Officers Meeting Notes
« on: February 26, 2019, 12:10:29 PM »

April 16, 2018      FINAL

To:    Officers:   Noah Rosenblatt, Jon Windt, Stu Jackson, Ken Heyman, Jack Hutteball, John Nixon, Dave Sanner

           Board:  Rick Allen, Paul Erb, Michael Shaner, Ken Juul, Dave Davis, Ray Irvine, Dottie Toney, Dave Schreder, Robert Schuldenfrei

   Guest:  Sue Clancy (former Vice Commodore, website redesign lead)


Re:   Catalina 34 International Association Year 2018 Annual Officers Meeting

Dear Catalina 34 International Association Members, Officers and Board Members;

The Annual Meeting of the Catalina 34 International Association Officers was held via telephone conference call on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 8:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, 5:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time.  The meeting concluded at 6:51 p.m. PDT.

The 2018 International Officers are listed after these meeting notes.  Participants in this teleconference were: Noah Rosenblatt, Jon Windt, Jack Hutteball, Sue Clancy, John Nixon, Stu Jackson, Ken Heyman, Dottie Toney, Robert Schuldenfrei and Dave Schreder.  Rick Allen, Dave Sanner, Ray Irvine, and Past Commodores Paul Erb, Lance Jones, Ken Juul, Michael Shaner and Dave Davis were absent. 

The meeting was based on the emailed agenda, dated March 13, 2018.

 

MEETING NOTES

1.   Financial Report & Projections – Treasurer Ken Heyman
a.   Statement showed negligible loss of $485.29 for 2017.  Balance is adequate per earlier meetings discussions of a minimum of a year worth of magazine payments. 
      Report Year        as of Dec. 31              Cash Balance
      2018            2017         $12.4K
2017                    2016                     $12.0K
      2016                    2015                     $11.9K
      2015                    2014                     $15.1K
      2014             2013          $12.7K   *
      2013                    2012          $20.7K   *

* --- decrease in funds due to “dividend” offered in 2013   

b.   Statement and projections accepted as presented.   The lower dues income in the  projections are based on 2017 experiences.  It could be from more two year membership payments or down some in any given quarters between yearly membership reports.
c.   No discussion of a dividend for 2018.  2016 Meeting motion was to look at it every year as a method for keeping the balance to a reasonable amount.  [Dividend is defined as a free year of membership; initiated due to excess of funds.]
d.   Ken noted that PayPal now constitutes as much as 60% of the total dues, up from less than half two years ago.
2.   Membership – Secretary Stu Jackson
a.   500 C34s, plus 28 C355s,  similar to 2017 of 504 C34s plus 29 C355s, 533 total, down from 2016 of 525 members of which 28 are C355s, 553 total C34 IA members;  down from 2015 figures of 594 members of which 32 are C355s, 562 C34s; down from 2014 figures of 639 members of which 41 are C355s, 588 C34 skippers; 2013 figure of 560 members, of which 28 were C355 skippers, 532 C34 skippers.   Slight downward trend but holding reasonably steady.
3.   Associate Editor report – Jack Hutteball
a.   Jack noted that the Spring 2018 issue of Mainsheet featured a C34 on the cover, and that the photos had been assembled from responses to his request on the forum.
b.   Jack will prepare a friendly outreach on the forum to solicit articles, including guidelines.
4.   Technical Editor report – John Nixon
a.   John has been receiving articles from Stu, who promised a couple more.  Jack will include tech notes guidelines in his outreach.
5.   Website: General – The upgrades to the website will require ongoing effort to maintain the different sections.  The intent is NOT to remove and or edit older material.  It is to encourage ownership of the various sections for clarity and continuity.
a.   List of Forum/Message Board Administrators/Moderators – Attachment #1 in the agenda listed all of the sections.  Stu to define the control functions of administrators and moderators.  Stu to prepare a memo with recommendations for each of these sections for review and comment by the group, and then for Dave to make the changes.
b.   Administrators to review and accept new respondents on the Forum – Stu requested that someone other than Dave and Stu have access to accept or reject new respondents to the forum [the forum calls them “members”].  Stu to include recommendations in the memo in item 5, a.  Noah advised that he would have time available after next month.
c.   gmail addresses for Officers – How to do redirects from gmail to personal email addresses - The original purpose was to have addresses set up as officerxyz@gmail by the Association and redirected to the actual emails of officers.  Sue reminded us that she hadn’t been able to access them to create them when offices change.  Stu advised he had received some input about these gmail addresses from Dave and would check his records.  Noah advised that he set up his own gmail address but hasn’t received any messages on it.  Sue noted that forwarding from gmail accounts is set up when you first sign up for gmail, and that the original intent was for use mainly by Fleet Captains.  Stu to ask Fleet Captains offline if they have gmail accounts and access to the Fleet section on the new Home Page.
d.   Wordpress authorized individuals & methodology – Sue advised that Noah, Stu, Dave Sanner, Jack and Sue have access, plus the Fleet Captains or their designated surrogates.  Dottie noted that Bruce Whyte is working on Fleet 13 contributions.  Sue to send the list to Stu.  DONE  April 3, 2018
e.   List of Sue Clancy’s “How To” memos - Attachment #2 in the agenda included three memos that Sue prepared:  C34IA News and Information.docx, C34 Plugins doc.docx, C34 IA tech notes.docx.  These are the only three, so the documentation assembly is complete for this item.  Stu will distribute for the record.

6.   “To Do List” from 2017 Officers Meeting Notes
a.   Noah to obtain multi-page Tech Notes Online document from Jack and send a copy to Stu – Noah To Do for the record, could be the same as the tech notes.docx in Item 5, e, above.
b.   Stu to edit home page officers contacts to include Noah’s information – DONE in April 2017 and February 2018
c.   Stu to prepare separate memo on Forum categories action – DONE, this is the same as Item 5, a, above.
d.   Stu to develop Yearly To Do List - DONE
1)   Update home page with hidden officers emails
2)   Post Officer & Fleet Captain Meeting Notes, including Election results
3)   Send backup copies of database in FileMakerPro and xls to Commodore, Vice Commodore and Treasurer; send C355 list to Ed & Diane Walters  (their email address is:  dgwalters@gmail.com)  The agenda included the background of our relationship with the C355 skippers.
e.   Stu to develop list of accounts – We discussed various methods of sharing information,  Stu will do.
f.      Stu to prepare list of website sections based on Sue’s input for Ownership, as well as Forum Administrators (Noah has been added to Wordpress access).  These goals are from Sue’s 2017 emails to Stu:  “When I speak of ownership, I am mostly referring to someone who can do the following tasks:  Update content when needed;  Answer questions from website users related to the content area; Periodically review the content for relevance and functionality;  Ensure that there is no junk that is not appropriate for the area on there – Maybe monthly.”
1)   Home page and general navigation – Noah volunteered for this item
2)   General Fleet areas/navigation – Jon volunteered for this item as part of the Vice Commodore’s fleet responsibilities
a)   Individual fleet areas – these have been identified – Fleet Captains or their delegates will provide individual fleet content
3)   Tech Notes – Jack Hutteball
4)   Tech wiki – Dave Sanner
5)   Documents – John Nixon volunteered for this item
6)   Association – Possibly break out the Owner Database from this – Stu will do this
7)   Membership/Join –  Stu will do this
8)   Photo Gallery – not assigned, low priority at this time since photos revolve on their own.  Stu will review his emails with Dave Sanner who may have sent Stu  this info.
7.   National Regatta – Ray was absent; no regatta planned.
8.   Fleets –Noah will send the Fleet Formation Package to new VC Jon
a.   Fleet Captain comments -  Bob volunteered any help he could for new fleet formation and any related questions
b.   Mainsheet – Concern was expressed that the magazine still prints selective fleet articles while still discontinuing fleet articles for all boats.  Fleet articles can still be submitted and can include Lessons Learned; not all have to be “something exciting.”
c.   Promotion of Fleet section on Home Page – This means from the menu on the Home Page, not the sections on the forum.  Jon will oversee.
9.   Fleet Support  -  Motion made, seconded and passed to extend Fleet Support for $15 per boat as of April 1st with those fleets that choose not to accept OK, requires a discussion and a motion for renewal every year.

****END of NOTES****

Distribution:  noahr@san.rr.com, kevelnat@san.rr.com, mraquaq@aol.com, kenheyman@msn.com, JhuttebalL@comcast.net, sanner@big.net,  c34hull728@gmail.com, Davis_707@yahoo.com, kenandvic@cox.net, sailorick@gmail.com,  erbsail34@Comcast.net, lance1959@gmail.com,  michael@augustasteel.com, c34irvine1383@comcast.net, schdls@icloud.com, toneydot@me.com, tomc109@aol.com, Bob@s-i-inc.com, sueclancy@gigasloop.com
 

Re:   Catalina 34 International Association Year 2018 Annual Officers Election

Dear Catalina 34 International Association Members, Officers and Board Members:

January 28, 2018

The 2018 International Officers listed were duly elected by a majority of Fleet Captains and the Past Commodores in accordance with the C34 IA Constitution. 

2018 C34 International Association Officers


2018 Officers


2018 Commodore  Noah Rosenblatt
2017 Vice Commodore 
#1014  Jete
noahr@san.rr.com
858-722-8286

2018 Vice Commodore
Jon Windt
#493   Della Jean
kevelnat@san.rr.com
858-610-0691‬


2018 Secretary Stu Jackson  (Fleet 1)
1999-2017 Secretary
#224  Aquavite
mraquaq@aol.com 
250-743-0799

2018 Treasurer Ken Heyman
2007-2017 Treasurer
#535  Wholesailor
kenheyman@msn.com
(847) 422-3371 (cell)

Chief Measurer – position vacant
 
2018 Mainsheet Editor Jack Hutteball  (Fleet 5) 
2009 - 2017 Mainsheet Editor
#1555  Mariah II
JhuttebalL@comcast.net
360-558-4242

2018 Webmaster Dave Sanner (Fleet 1)   
2005 to 2017 Webmaster
non-voting 
#611  Queimada
sanner@big.net, dsanner@rigel.net
775-588-6699

2018 Technical Editor  John Nixon
2010 -2017 Technical Editor
# 728  Otra Vez
c34hull728@gmail.com
817-341-1219

2014  Associate Technical Editor Ron Hill (Fleet 12) – no longer participating 
#788  Apache  (transferred boat to son – 2014)
non-voting
2004 - 2014  Associate Technical Editor
Past Technical Editor & C34 General Overall “Guru”
(540) 891-5297
ronphylhill@comcast.net




 
PAST COMMODORES

2017 & 2016 Commodore Rick Allen  (Fleet 1)
2014 & 2105 Vice-Commodore Rick Allen
#746  Painkiller
sailorick@gmail.com
916-718-3789

2014 &2015 Commodore  Paul Erb
2013 Vice-Commodore
#1634  Yachta Yachta Yachta
erbsail34@Comcast.net
941-830-8802

2013 Commodore Lance Jones (Fleet 13) – no longer participating
2011 & 2012 Vice-Commodore
#622  Kitty’s Cat

2011 & 2012 Commodore Michael Shaner (Fleet 12) – no longer participating
2009-2010 Vice-Commodore
#300  Queequeg

2009 & 2010 Commodore Bob Kuba – no longer participating
#1291  Quiet Island  (sold in 2013)

Dave Davis (Fleet 1)  – no longer participating
#707  Wind Dragon

Jon Arck (Fleet 1) – no longer participating
#1346  Tweety Bird  (sold in 2015)
2004 &2005 Commodore
2004 Vice-Commodore

Bill Jenks – no longer participating
#1484
2003 & 4 Past Commodore
2005 - 2006 Treasurer

2007 & 2008 Commodore Ken Juul
#1090  Luna Loca
kenandvic@cox.net
757-229-7611


Logged
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."
Pages: [1]   Go Up