Plug size for holding tank macerator outlet

Previous topic - Next topic

rmbrown

Hey gang... macerator only works if the goal is to flip a breaker, but since I'm inside 3 miles when I do my sailing it doesn't much matter.  I'd like to pull it, though, to be replaced if and when we get to get to take an extended trip and make the jump to the Bahamas.  Meanwhile, I'd either like to either plug the outlet, or add a valve at that outlet that would allow me to replace the pump while the tank is full.  Anyone know the thread size/pitch for that outlet?  I'd prefer to go to the boat with one in hand.
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

rmbrown

I'm gonna answer my own question in hopes that it helps someone else.  Scott at Ronco just told me that it would be a standard 1.5" plug that I could get in PVC or ABS from any home depot, lowes or hardware store.  He recommended DAP butyl-flex caulk, a little on the male and female threads to prevent seepage.
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

Dave Spencer

Scott at Ronco is absolutely correct.  One of the few inexpensive and commonly available boat parts! :D
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Bill Shreeves

Quote from: rmbrown on March 27, 2019, 01:21:41 PM
I'm gonna answer my own question in hopes that it helps someone else.  Scott at Ronco just told me that it would be a standard 1.5" plug that I could get in PVC or ABS from any home depot, lowes or hardware store.  He recommended DAP butyl-flex caulk, a little on the male and female threads to prevent seepage.

Thanks for the info!   I was wondering the same thing for the exact same reason.   Something I hope to do in the not too distant future.
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD