Xantrex Temperature Sensor

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Mann

I have a Xantrex Truecharge 40+ that is still performing well after 10 plus years, of plugged in (not looking to restart that thread again:).  Does anyone happen to know the part number or model number of the battery temperature sensor that is compatible with this model of charger?  Not sure if one is still available, but worth a search.  I can't seem to wake the Xantrex guys up on their website which leads me to be pessimistic about the availability of a BTS or if there is a newer one that works.   
Catalina 34 MkII, Indigostar, 2002 no 1622, Tall Rig, M35-BC

Jim Hardesty

Robert,
I have one from my Xantrex charger that died.  It has like a telephone connection on one end and the other goes to the battery.  PM your address and I'll send it to you.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

DaveBMusik

Quote from: Robert Mann on September 18, 2018, 10:16:19 AM
I have a Xantrex Truecharge 40+ that is still performing well after 10 plus years, of plugged in (not looking to restart that thread again:).  Does anyone happen to know the part number or model number of the battery temperature sensor that is compatible with this model of charger?  Not sure if one is still available, but worth a search.  I can't seem to wake the Xantrex guys up on their website which leads me to be pessimistic about the availability of a BTS or if there is a newer one that works.   

$33.99
https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1|328|2289962|2289970&id=827210
Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT

Robert Mann

Thanks Dave, I'm concerned that the ones shown are for later model chargers than mine.  The one Defender shows us for the second series of Truecharge.  Not sure if makes a difference, but can't prove it either way.
Catalina 34 MkII, Indigostar, 2002 no 1622, Tall Rig, M35-BC

DaveBMusik

Quote from: Robert Mann on September 21, 2018, 05:07:09 AM
Thanks Dave, I'm concerned that the ones shown are for later model chargers than mine.  The one Defender shows us for the second series of Truecharge.  Not sure if makes a difference, but can't prove it either way.

I replaced my charger last year. I had to buy a new remote display but used the same sensor.
Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT