Sherwood to Oberdorfer pump

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent & Jane Overbeck

HI,  We recently purchased our 2001 C-34MKII and have been delighted with it.  We have it in Chattanooga, TN but plan to cruise the Gulf Coast in the future.  There was one issue that kept bothering me and that was the crazy design of the Sherwood pump making it a real chore just to check the impeller.  I was delighted to see the article by Randy and Nile and ordered the Oberdorfer.  I have the M35 B engine but the modifications were fairly simple and straightforward.  I also used a paper rubbing to place the new bolt hole.  The old one also needs to be enlarged a little.  If you look closely at the picture they posted (Tech Wiki, Engine, last article)you can see it.  My installation is complete and all works as it should so far.  The impeller on the Oberdorfer is smaller but it seems to be putting out a substantial amount of water.  I will keep a close watch on the temperature later in the Spring when it warms up.

Thanks again to Randy and Nile,

Kent Overbeck

"Carina"

rjengelhart

Kent,

Right on target with the crazy water pump design...screws from the rear.  Have a few questions: what's a 'paper rubbing' to place the new bolt hole?  What needs to be enlarged...the bolt hole?

Hope SV Carina is a cool runner.

Take care.

Bob Engelhart
SV Music
2001 Mark II #1583
RJE
SV Andiamo

Ron Hill

Kent : Just watch your temp gage, as the Oberdoffer pumps approx 1/2 the water of a Sherwood. 

A thought. 
Ron, Apache #788