LED Cabin Lights

Previous topic - Next topic

David Urscheler

I just replaced my four rusted berth lamps with these LED lights from Sailor Solutions. I added a fifth over the galley counter to add some more light. They are as bright as a halogen but with nice warm white light.
I had to splice into the existing line hidden behind the teak trim on the center post of the cabinet. Made big browney points with the admiral.

Dave

Rick Allen

Rick Allen, C34 IA Commodore
Former owner of "PainKiller", 1988 C34 MKI, Sail#746, std. rig, wing keel.

David Urscheler

Oh, I forgot. I also replaced the old flourescent fixtures under the cabinet with two LED light bars from Super Bright LEDS. They're 18" long w/ 30 led's. Two fit perfectly. Just be sure the switch for the one behind the stove faces the ice box so there is no heat issues from the stove. You can't beat them for $18.00!

Dave

Rick Johnson

Dave,

Which model of strip light is that?  I cannot seem to find the right one on the website.

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

David Urscheler

Rick:
It's under their "Rigid Light Bars" category. The model # is: LF-30 SMD. They come in cool or warm light.

Dave

Ron Hill

Rick : The difference between the Cool and Warm light is:
If you have to look into the light and see the bulb you'll want the Warm. 
The Cool are brighter and better for "indirect lighting" like under a shelf where you don't look directly into the bulb.  A thought

Ron, Apache #788