Reaching fuel sender in tank

Previous topic - Next topic

crieders

How does one reach the sender to replace it? From the locker topside or via the panel in the rear berth?  Is there any special technique? Thanks
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

sail4dale

There is a screw in cover in the Port locker ... it will give you acess.
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

crieders

In my boat its not above the sender. Thats what I thought too.

Ron Hill

Cliff : What you'll have to do is remove the port side panel in the aft cabin.  Then you MAY have to unscrew the Beckson port in the port side locker. The Beckson port is there for the fuel cut off.   Between the two (panel OFF and the Beckson OFF) you can get the old sender out and the new sender back in - twist & turn.

I wrote an article on this VERY topic w/pictures in the Mainsheet a few years back!!  Good info in those old Tech Notes!! 
Ron, Apache #788

crieders

Ron, I should have known you would know. Can you give me any more info on how to find in Mainsheet

Stu Jackson

Cliff,

There are a few ways to get there:

1.  The registrant gives you a link, that's the easiest way for everyone.  I have been "accused" of "overlinking!"  It would be helpful for all of us who suggest that we've written something before to provide our friends a direct link to those references.

2.  One could go to the Knowledge WIKI and look under "engine" or "fuel" or something else that folks with a "Table of Contents" approach enjoy

3.  One could go to the C34 Tech Notes, and use the Jon Schneider "Knowledgebase" and using the simple Excel spreadsheet Cnrl F (FIND function) using the word "sender" and then YOU find and read those issues.  I think you are a C34IA Member so you can access the Tech Notes Online.

4.  A search on this message board won't get you to the Mainsheet Tech Notes, but will cover a lot of ground; I just did a search on "sender" and found most of what you're looking for among the first ten "hits," and those are not even in the TNOs.

5.  Use the C34IA website Google Search by going to C34 Home at the top of this page, left side index, go to "Search" and use the Google, not Pico, search feature on the word "sender"

So, either "Mom" does it for you, or one could go find it themselves.

I only go into this level of detail because the Officers of your C34 International Association have spent the last 5 years organizing and cross referencing EVERYTHING that everyone has submitted to this website, and provided just about every conceivable possible way to find information: the newer Table of Contents approach in addition to the easy-to-use Search (or index/keyword) approaches.

They have given you the Index, the TNOs, the MB, the various search functions, and the new WIKI using a Table of Contents approach to finding stuff.  How do you find stuff?  You look... :D :D :D

There is a "Sticky" topic right at the top of this Message Board:  Everything from the Projects & FAQs have been moved (copied at a great expense of time by volunteers) to the wiki: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5105.0.html

I suggest a look, perhaps again, at "The Guide..." at this link: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,2629.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Cliff : If you look in the November 2003 Mainsheet Tech Notes, you'll find that fuel sender replacement article along with fuel tank cleaning. 
Ron, Apache #788